- Git and Github version control
- Open-source software
- Command line basics
- Familiarization with the Discourse forum platform
- HTML and CSS
- Learned to use Github for version control
- Used Terminal to execute scripts in the command line
- Project management through Trello boards
- STEM-Away forum (Discourse) and Discord for effective team communication
- Time management for tasks
- Organization and utilization of my resources
- Team communication through multiple platforms
- Practiced navigating through files, directories, and permissions through the command line
- Learned about GitHub and Git as a version control system in the context of open-source software development
- Attended kick-off meetings and team meetings
- Successfully install Discourse after resolving all errors
- Familiarize myself with Ruby, Ember.js, and the Discourse codebase
- Ask for technical help from team leads when needed
- I learned and practiced basic use of the command line by interacting with local files and directories. I also learned about the different levels of permissions users can have for files.
- I learned about the structure of the version control system Git and its complementary application, GitHub. Knowledge of this will be useful later on in the project when we begin to collaborate on our Discourse theme project.
- My team leads shared a resource document and a Trello project management board with us to help us keep track of our tasks. Using these two sites and my browser’s bookmarking system, I have kept track of my STEM-Away internship-related resources.
- Met with my team, FS June-1, for the first time!