My first self-assessment on 16.06.2020
What I Learned:
1. Technical area
- Learn how to do web-scraping. Since I’ve never done web-scraping before, I need to learn it first and help people with different packages they are using.
- How to use Zoom, StemAway platform and Asana
- Leadership sills: how to organize and split tasks, communicate with people, give a meeting and make plans of what we should achieve in each week.
Three achievement highlights:
- In coding, write a notebook of web crawling example and a notebook contains basic data analysis codes for beginners for tutorial purpose. Combine the codes of our group and generate the clean data for next step.
- Teach people and help them with technical problems
- Set up working environments including GitHub and slack.
- Weekly Monday team meetings, team lead meetings
- Weekly lead meetings (ML pathway)
- Weekly other pathway meetings (UX, FS leads)
- Webinars: ML, Asana, industry mentors for text-classification & Git
Tasks I did:
- In coding, write a notebook of web crawling example and a notebook contains basic data analysis codes for beginners for tutorial purpose. Give a brief tutorial on how to do web-scraping and how to use GitHub. Write my own code of web scraping as well as combine all the participates’ codes into one notebook, choose best performance codes for the same task, try to keep everyone’s idea of data preprocess, fix the bugs, clean the codes and generate the data to a csv file including columns contains original data and pre-processed data with the combined codes.
- Set up working environments including GitHub and slack
- Give instructions in how to do tasks, and help people with technical problems such as coding, what package and method to use, GitHub and software installation.
- Discuss with other leads and make plan each week, give a meeting and communicate with group members
- Holding office hours 3-4 times per week to answer questions.
Goal for next week:
- Get a brief text analysis result with our team.