Module 1- Week 1
Things I have Learned:
- I have been introduced to the idea of a journal club. Which is a discussion about a scientific paper in which each individual is responsible for analyzing the paper from a different perspective. My team and I had our journal club and it was very informative and engaging.
- I was able to lead 3 meetings this week and get the team members to participate and share their ideas confidently.
- I made sure to appreciate the efforts of the team members, people tend to do better when appreciated.
- I tried to get everyone engaged and encouraged the team spirit, so whenever we have a lot of tasks to do, I delegate some tasks to the team members.
- I tried to handle all the technical issues and report them as needed. the on-boarding process is usually not easy.
Three Achievement Highlights:
- Conducting a journal club.
- Leading meetings.
- Accommodating members’ needs and issues.
Goals for The Upcoming Week:
- Setting up a GitHub repository.
- Raw data parsing.
- Journal club.
- Trello board creation.
- google group creation.