Week 1 & 2
Overview of things learned
Technical: I research about the different types of data annotation tools that are currently available. Following this, I built a web scraper through the help of BeautifulSoup library in Python in order to extract the questions, answers and tags from the softwareengineering.stackexchange.com forum.
Tools: Explored various open-source data annotation tools and went through their features and shortcomings in order to gain a better intuition on how they work.
Soft Skills: Communicated with a global team and collaborated with my teammates.
- Researched and Created a report on BRAT, which is an open-source text annotation tool.
- Developed a web crawler to get the data from the stackexchange forum
- Team Introduction
- Introduction to annotation tools
- Annotation tools and project structure
- Web Scraper Submission
Goals for the upcoming week
- Enhance the Web Scraper and do the data cleaning as well
- Research about the Machine Learning Models that can be used for our project
Task : Research about data annotation tools
Hurdles : It was challenging to pick one single tool that will be the best for our requirements
The resources provided by our leads were useful and helped me gain more understanding about all the tools.
Task : Build a web crawler
Hurdles : I was facing some errors while using Scrapy.
Now, I am making the use of BeautifulSoup and so far I am not facing any issues.