Overview of thing learned
Technical: I learned web scraping using the selenium package for python. I used it for scraping the content of Amazon sellers’ discourse-based website.
Tools: I learned using slack, GSuite emails for professional works, and got to use GitHub for collaborating on a project.
Soft Skills: I got to work on a team project which helped me learn teamwork, discussing ideas within members, effective communication.
Three Achievement highlights
- Learned and successfully deployed web scraper for the first time.
- Collaborated with team to identify problems, solve them, and implement.
- Could deliver the required data in the expected format with the help of the team.
List of meetings/training attended
- Team Introduction
- Accounts set-up and Project overview
- Selenium demo and tasks assignment
- Progress discussion
Goals for upcoming weeks
Learn and use BERT.
Use the data extracted
Task: Set up mentorchains, Asana, and Slack accounts.
Hurdles: A bit of confusion in the process.
I could solve it with the help of team leads.
Task: Learn and get familiar with Selenium and discourse forum (Amazon sellers).
Hurdles: New to Selenium so couldn’t get much.
Technical lead helped with resources to learn from and sample code.
Task: Extract and format data from the Amazon sellers forum.
Hurdles: Some bugs in code.
Fixed all the errors with the help of team discussion and technical lead.