SELF-ASSESSMENT - WEEK 1
1) WHAT I LEARNED
- UX Research Methods (qualitative vs. quantitative research, card sorting, usability testing, surveys, etc.)
- Introduction to Figma
- Preparing an Interview Guide
- STEM-Away forum
- Considering candidates’ backgrounds when reviewing their eligibility to be interviewed
- Project management
- Teamwork and communication
2) THREE ACHIEVEMENT HIGHLIGHTS
- Getting to know my team members and establishing communication with them was great. I look forward to working with them!
- Gaining insight and background on the bioinformatics community will prove valuable going forward in our collaboration with the Bioinformatics pathway.
- It was informative for me to consider the eligibility of different people that could be interviewed based on their background.
3) TASKS COMPLETED
- Conducted secondary research on the bioinformatics community and scope.
- Created a presentation after analyzing and interpreting research
- Established a list of potential interview candidates from the Bioinformatics pathway
- Created a list of potential interview questions
- Reaching out to my team and establishing consistent communication was the most difficult part of this week. There was quite a bit of confusion about meeting times, but I’m glad we sorted everything out. Having a Discord server set up for us was a big improvement and will greatly improve our workflow!