Name: Trang Nguyen
Team: ML Team 8 (Bertinator)
Overview of Things Learned:
Technical Area: I learnt how to srape data from scratch using Scrapy and BeautifulSoup. I also learnt about the API calls that are really helpful to deal with infinite scrolling. Have a chance to learn more about BERT model.
Tools Used: Python, Pandas, Scrapy, BeautifulSoup, Git, Colab, etc.
Soft Skills: Collaborate with other teammates in different time zone and how to explain what I’m doing
- Scraped data with 43K+ entries and cleaned the data
- Had a better understanding with BERT model.
List of Meetings attended
- Attended all the team meetings that have been organized so far (2 meetings/week)
- Scraping with BeautifulSoup and Scrapy Webinar
- Short meeting with Technical Lead Maleeha
Goals for the Upcoming Week
Finish the given task, i.e., to prepare the data for the BERT model and train the forum classification model to achieve the highest possible accuracy
- Scraped the data from the desired (code combat) forum in the required format.
- Cleaned the data
- Prepared data for BERT model and about to start train data