Tracyljy - UX & UI Pathway

Week: July 16~ August 6th

Overview of Things Learned:

Technical Area: Learned how to create Affinity Diagrams, Empathy Map, Personas, and Low-Fi Prototypes; Learned different user research methods and design methods; Conducted interviews.

Tool: Mural (used for sketches, Affinity Diagrams, Empathy Map and Personas), Figma (create prototypes), Slack (communication with the team and group members), Zoom (Group meetings), Google Meet (Team meetings)

Soft Skills: Communication skills, Teamwork, Problem-solving, Creativity

Achievement Highlights:

1. Conducted two interviews and got some insightful feedback from the interviewees.
  2. Learned the design methods and created two sets of Low-Fi Prototypes with my group members for the first time.
  3. Knew the procedures of the designing process.

Meetings attended: 7/16, 7/17, 7/23, 7/24, 7/28, 7/30, 7/31, 8/4, 8/6

Goals for the Upcoming Week:

• Made some changes to the prototype 1
  • Narrow the 2 prototypes down to one solution
  • Usability Testing

Tasks Done: Conducted two interviews (One is Stem Away User, the other is not), did rough sketches and helped create 2 prototypes, helped create the Personas, Affinity Digram, Empathy Map and provided some ideas.

Week: August 6th~August 11

Technical Area:

• Learned the design process

• Learned how to use Figma to create low-fi prototype.

• Learned to operate the interactive version of low-fi prototype.

Tool: Figma, (create prototype), Slack, Google Meet

Soft Skills: Teamwork, communication skills, Presentation, Creativity, Willingness to learn

Achievement Highlights:

1. Decided to present prototype 1
  2. Made more changes to the prototype 1, and made it more interactive
  3. Introduce our prototype 1 to everyone and got some insightful feedback

Meetings attended: 8/6, 8/7, 8/11

Goals for the Upcoming Week:

• Use the feedback we got to improve our prototype 1 (by doing some changes)

• Create Hi-fi prototype

• Improve our presentation

Tasks Done:

1. Made some changes to final low-fi prototype with my group members
  2. Created ppt slides, and decided which slides each group member wanted to present.
  3. Had several meetings with group 1 members to discuss the ways to improve our low-fi prototype 1.

Week: August 12- August 18

Technical Area:

• Learned how to create hi-fi prototype

• Learned how to create interactive hi fi prototype

• Learned what mood board is

Tool: Figma (prototypes), Slack, Google Meet (Team meeting), PowerPoint, Zoom (group meeting)

Soft Skills: Teamwork, creativity, problem solving, presentation, communication skills, critical thinking, organization

Achievement Highlights:

1. Created two Hi-fi prototypes (current and future), and also changed some features of Hi-fi based on the feedback received from our last presentation
    –made it more colorful
    –added colored tags and “filters of pathway” button,
    –removed “load more” button,
    –moved “sort by” button to center

2. Made changes to low-fi prototype

3. Made PPT slides for final presentation

Meetings attended: 8/13, 8/15

Goals for the upcoming week:

• Updating my LinkedIn profile

• Presenting our final prototype

Tasks Done:

1. Edited presentation slides: for our final presentation, I added more pictures to help explain the changes we made from low fi to high fi based on our feedback from last presentation (we had too many texts in our last presentation)

2. Created interactive hi-fi prototype: I did not create interactive low fi, so this time with my group member Ashley’s help, I created an interactive hi-fi prototype for the logged in version.

3. Attended individual group meetings to discuss how to make our final prototypes better and to also rehearsal our presentation