Shourya - UX & UI (Level 2) Pathway

Tools:

STEM-Away forum Discord Figma Miro Trello Slack

Soft Skills:

As I recently joined UX team 2 as lead, I had the option to lead 2 team meetings this week and get the teammates to take an interest and offer their thoughts unquestionably. I made sure to talk to everyone about how the team has been doing till now. I put forth sure to see the value in the teammates’ attempts, which will, in general, improve when appreciated. I attempted to deal with every issue and help in clearing them depending on the situation. The onboarding measure is generally difficult.

2) THREE ACHIEVEMENT HIGHLIGHTS Leading team meetings. Accommodating team members’ needs and issues. Goals for The Upcoming Week on how to go about with things. Helping communicate with the team Going over all the research done by the team, reporting it and helping them fix it Trying to be into the process as much as I could.

3) TASKS COMPLETED Successfully conducted meetings and completed the road map made for the team. I tried to help the team as much as I could in the whole process Fixed the issues and worked on the aesthetics of the weekly presentation

4) CHALLENGES As I was new to the team, it took me a while to get done with the whole onboarding process, but once I was done with it, I made to sure help the team wherever possible. Leading a team is always challenging, so I scheduled a meeting to have an icebreaker for the team to know each other’s strengths and weaknesses. I got my hands on Trello, so it took a bit of time to go about with the software.

WEEK-2

Technical Area:

1. Enhanced my skills of Figma
  2. Critiqued and improved personas
  3. A fantastic session by ben helped in understanding how to go about with job findings.

Tools:

1. Discord
  2. Notion
  3. Figma/persona creation platform
  4. Zoom

Soft Skills:

1. Interacting and networking with mentors
  2. Collaborating with the team setting deadlines, and managing teams
  3. Project Management

Achievements:

1. Helped the team gather data, helping them empathize with the user and analyzing the collected data.
  2. With proper mentoring and teamwork, we understood the user and empathized with the user’s likes and dislikes.

Challenges:

1. The collaboration was one problem due to different time zones, but we could divide the work and combine it, so everyone was on the same page.
  2. Understanding the user’s needs were tough to understand and analyze in a virtual medium.

week 3

• Technical Area:

• Reiterating the interviews
    • Figma for journey maps
    • Miro to create personas)
  • Tools:

• Discord
    • Figma
    • Miro
    • Trello
    • Slack
  • Soft Skills:

• Contacting the BI team to talk to them for an interview
    • Project management
    • Teamwork and time management
    • Helping the team in collaborating

2) ACHIEVEMENT HIGHLIGHTS

• After the feedback we got from the team, I made sure that we need to be more specific with our research and reiterate the feedback and incorporate it.
  • The question back to ask participants was more in-depth and refined, targeting the pain points we had analyzed.
  • Expanding and iterating over the persona helps us get a broader perspective on the problem statement.

3) TASKS COMPLETED

• I tried contacting and collaborating with the BI team for my teammates , so that they could interview them

• Helped in creating personas and journey maps and making the team understand what and why are they important.

WEEK 4

• Technical Area:

• Guiding teams on Ideating Methods like storyboard and flowcharts
    • Figma miro
  • Tools:

• STEM-Away forum
    • Discord
    • Figma
    • Miro
    • Trello
    • Slack
  • Soft Skills:

• Project management
    • Teamwork communication and time management.
    • Collaborating and conducting interviews with the BI team.
    • guiding the team on how to brainstorm for the solution

2) THREE ACHIEVEMENT HIGHLIGHTS

• After getting the feedback from other teams and mentors, I made sure that improvements were incorporated in our journey maps and personas for a more user-friendly approach.
  • Making my team understand how important storyboards and flowcharts are in empathizing with the user groups.
  • Getting more deeper and insightful insights from the BI team with whom we were collaborating

3) TASKS COMPLETED

• collaborating and conducting interviews
  • Creation of storyboard and how the users will be using the workflow of the app
  • Creating flowcharts to design the flow of the app

4) CHALLENGES

• One of the challenges was that before the interviews with BI, we were unsure what direction they were going in and what they expected from us.

week 5

• Technical Area:

• Incorporating UI elements
    • Creating lofi wireframes)
    • Neilsen’s Heuristics
    • Gestalt’s Principles
  • Tools:

• Discord
    • Trello
    • Figma, excalidraw
  • Soft Skills:

• Understanding Neilsen’s Heuristics
    • Project management
  • Teamwork communication and time management.

• In-depth research of BI pipelines

• After getting feedback from other teams and mentors, I ensured that improvements were incorporated in our flowcharts for a more user-friendly approach.
  • Designing the structure of the product by creating lo-fidelity wireframes of the flow chart
  • Creating wireframes resulted in getting to where the current BI app lacked and also the issues which might occur in the prototyping stage

3) TASKS COMPLETED

• conducting in-depth research in the flow of the BI app
  • Reiterated the flowcharts.
  • Created lo-fidelity wireframes and the flow of these wireframes

4) CHALLENGES

• One of the major challenges was collaborating to discuss and define the layout of the app. Also, we were unsure how to incorporate some of the feedback, so we need to do more research and decide how to make it more user-friendly.

Week 6

• Technical Area:
    • Creating UI elements considering gestalt principle’s
    • Converting lofi into HiFi wireframes
    • Nielsen’s heuristics
  • Tools:
    • Discord
    • Trello
    • Figma
    • Behance
    • dribble
  • Soft Skills:
    • Taking inspiration from various dashboards online
    • Project management
    • Teamwork communication and time management

• Converting our wire flow from low-fidelity to a high-fidelity prototype in Figma by taking inspiration from various Behance and dribble dashboards helped re-iterating a Finer UI.
  • I enhanced my Figma skills and refined them while guiding the team for a more minimalistic design.
  • Helped in creating a google form for usability testing to understand how friendly our user flow is for the user and all the issues the user is having while completing the task

3) TASKS COMPLETED

• Converting our wire flow from low-fidelity to a high-fidelity
  • Creating UI elements for gestalt principles
  • Initiation for usability testing

4) CHALLENGES

• During the creation of prototyping, one of the major challenges was micro-interactions between screens for smooth workflows.
  • Due to a virtual setup and different time zones, it was challenging to do usability testing easily.

Week 7

• Technical Area:
    • A more minimalistic approach
    • Refining Hi-fi Prototyping
    • Design Heuristics
    • Usability Testing
  • Tools:
    • Discord
    • Figma
    • Trello
  • Soft Skills:
    • Conducting usability testing with the users
    • Project and time management
    • Teamwork communication

• The usability testing helped in understanding the issues with our prototype and places where the user would have a bad experience.
  • After getting the feedback from other teams and mentors, I ensured that improvements were incorporated in our high fidelity for a more user-friendly approach.
  • Understanding how important is the role is of a user in the whole process and how they can change the course of the direction.

3) TASKS COMPLETED

• Reiterating our lo-fi prototype into hi-fi prototype from given feedback
  • Conducted usability testing and understanding the need, pain points of the user
  • Incorporating the feedback given by the user for the final prototype for a flawless flow

4) CHALLENGES

• One of the major challenges was to create a constant and universal design approach for our prototype. We took various inspiration but being an educational app, one of the main concerns was to keep the app formal and minimalistic while the UI elements were constant and followed gestalts principles

Week 8

• Technical Area:
    • Incorporating the feedback of usability testing in the prototype
    • Defining and preparing a small presentation of the work done till now
  • Tools:
    • STEM-Away forum
    • Discord
  • Soft Skills:
    • Public Speaking
    • Project and team management
    • Teamwork and communication
    • Team lead

• Created a presentation of the work done and the flow of the work done till now, which would be presented in front of industry experts
  • Incorporating the feedback of usability testing in the prototype for a better UX and also helping in refining the UI elements of the application
  • Practising the created presentation of the work done to showcase for initial feedback from the mentors, which could be later incorporated before the final presentation.

3) TASKS COMPLETED

• creating the final high-fidelity prototype
  • Created the final presentation
  • Reiterated all of the previous work so it could complement the aesthetics of the presentation