This will cover my weekly self-assessments. I will be sharing how I feel about the progress, learning, team-work, knowledge expansion and communication as I go thought the course of this internship.
Installed Discourse on my Local Machine and successfully deployed on localhost:4200
- Followed the guide provided by team lead, from meta Discourse forum.
- Installed Windows Subsystem Linux *Installed discourse and all the dependencies/requirements(ruby, rails framework, ember etc) for being able to make changes as a developer.
Using the Ember js guides, built a simple webpage to learn practically.
Made styling changes using SCSS to get familiar with it.
- Thoroughly studied and went through the discourse code base to understand the mvc design of Discourse.
- Brushed up on linux commands and general practice with terminal.
- Learned the front end framework Discourse uses, Ember, by making a small webpage and making small changes to it, following the Ember.js guides.
- Started learning ruby, and now have a decent understanding of it.