Puja Roy - Self Assessment (Full Stack)

Module 1

1. Overview of What I Learned • Technical Area: o Learned about the Discourse forum software o Learned about Open Source projects. o Reviewed Ruby syntax • Tools: o GitHub and how to create a repository o Discourse, an online open-source and forum based software • Soft Skills o Leadership: I worked with my team members by setting up all the resources I need to complete module 1.
  2. Three Achievement Highlights • Learned more about GitHub and how it is used for open source projects. • I learned how to program in Ruby. • Communicated with team members in Slack about how to locate and use resources efficiently.
  3. Challenges • It was kind of hard to install Discourse in my local machine. • Had trouble cloning repository but resolved that issue.
  4. Upcoming Goals • Complete Module 2 and complete the Self-assessment. • Learned about Handlebars.js and meet with team members to discuss next steps.

Module 2 Overview of what I learned:

• Technical Areas: Got familiar with the Ruby syntax
  • Learned how to program in Ruby
  • Watched videos in how to utilize GitHub
  • Cloned project from GitHub repo Soft Skills:
  • Learned how to use Trello and organize materials and cards -Got familiar using Agile methodologies Three Achievement Highlights:
  • Learned how to program in Ruby
  • Familiarized with Trello
  • Cloned repository Challenges:
  • It was hard for me to use Git Bash
  • I had issues with the terminal Upcoming Goals:
  • Commit other changes in GitHub
  • Complete Module 3
  • Attend other group meetings
  • Learn more about the discourse development pipeline

Module 3

Overview of what I learned: Technical Areas:

• Learned about setting up theme development pipeline to preview themes live
  • Learned how to create repositories in GitHub
  • I worked with my team members by setting up resources Three Achievement Highlights: -Learned about the Discourse Theme pipelines and how they function
  • Cloning theme from the GitHub module -Preview theme live on Discourse running in the local machine Challenges:
  • It was hard to implement advanced GitHub concepts

Upcoming Goals: Complete module 4 and complete self-assessment Learn about backend development of the open source discourse platform