Pratistha - UX & UI Pathway

Self Assessment 1:

I have attended all the meetings (except the introduction because of my time zone) and I have enjoyed my experience. I got to explore a new career path in UX/UI and I want to continue this field. Since it was a new field to me, I had difficulties in understanding some tasks and lectures, however Jay was very helpful in answering my queries. I also watched YouTube videos to get deeper understanding of the material.
Things learned/ Tasks done:

• UX Research using Empathy map, Stakeholder map and personas to understand the user’s problem and come up with a solution.
  • Learned how to observe and interview users to collect vital information for the design of the website
  • Discuss in group and brainstorming new ideas in a team. (Becoming a better team player and working together as a group.
  • Learning new skills and tools from your fellow participants.

Achievements Highlights:

• Explored a new career path in UX Research and Design and I love the experience so far.
  • Learned the necessary tools required for doing a User Research and understanding the user’s problem
  • Made new friends and connected with many people.

Goals for upcoming week

I am excited to learn UX Design tools like Balsamic and Figma, and collaborate with UX Team 1 to get help in using the tool better.
We will also be creating our prototype design for landing page, user dashboard and communication channel.
Looking forward to learning more!

Final Self Assessment:

I have enjoyed my experience and learned a lot about designing and the importance of small things like font size, font style, icons, consistency and many more. These 5 weeks has been a great experience to work on the project.

Things learned/ Tasks Done
Before, I had zero knowledge about Figma and now I have basic foundations of Figma to design a website. I will continue to learn more on these and learn advance things such as animations.

We have build the design from low fidelity to high fidelity prototype and have created many versions of the homepage, dashboard and communication page. I learned that design requires many versions and is build up over time.

Achievement Highlights

• Practiced with the tools: Figma and Adobe

• Learned to work on designing by collaborating in a group

• Realized the the importance of information architecture in web design

Goals for July
I am looking forward to become a Lead for July session, share my knowledge to the group and excited to work on more projects.
I will continue to learn more on UX/UI Design as I enjoy it a lot :slight_smile: