- The basics understanding of Python, Ruby, Git, and Github.
- Stem-Away forum
- Git and Github
- VS Code
- More effective use of Google Calendar
- Better understanding of how to assign and complete tasks in Asana
- Gained more confidence talking to teammates
- Improved my version control and collaboration skills
1. Set up my local instance of discourse even though I have encountered many strange bugs 2. Read two hundred pages of Python for beginners book 3. Read two hundred pages of a book about Basic Computer Networking 4. Did all what was assigned to me 5. Attended all meetings except the first one due to the time zone difference
[OH] FS by Sion
[OH] FS by Vrinda
How to get a job in CS field
FS Team 2 Meeting
Reinstall Windows on my PC and reinstall Discourse with all the required plugins (my C drive is getting full)
Learn more about git/github and complete this week’s task
Read " Developer’s guide to Discourse Themes"
Installed local instance of Discourse. I couldn’t clone all what was needed for discourse to run properly, so I installed many things manually for my local instance. I googled all my errors since at that time it was night time in the U.S. And after a few hours of trial and error I completed the task.
I have never programmed in Ruby before but in order to write a class in Ruby I have watched the suggested 4-hour long youtube tutorial. After that, I didn’t have much trouble completing the Ruby assignment.
Also, I gained some experience with Git/Github. I created my own repository on Github and played with it, I made a few branches then merged them, pushed and pulled changes, and so on.