Self Assessment 1:
- Technical Area: What UX is and its importance, Gestalt principles and their application to UX Design, How to perform quality generative research, Stakeholder lists, Empathy maps, Steps that make for a good interview, How to develop quality personas, The role of prototyping
- Tools: Balsamiq to create a wireframe for a low-fi prototype, Mural to develop a collaborative persona, Asana for team project management
- Soft skills: Working solely by remote for a group project, How to make an interviewee feel at ease
- Developed an initial design for the STEM-Away homepage
- Conducted three interviews for user research
- Developed a persona for the older person returning to work
- I attended all group events since June 1st except for 6/15/20 but I watched the recording of the meeting. I also sat in on an industry mentor’s sample interview.
Goals for the Upcoming Week
- Become really familiar with Balsamiq
- Use Asana effectively
- Create a wireframe with my group for the STEM-Away homepage’s linked pages
I developed an initial design for the homepage. It was helpful to see my ideas on paper. I created an empathy map for a visitor to the STEM-away site. I really enjoy trying to put myself in the user’s shoes. I performed three interviews of people looking at and using the STEM-Away homepage. One hurdle was that these interviews were conducted incorrectly, so Saloni and Antony were helpful and offered the chance to sit in on a sample interview done by an industry mentor. I created a user persona of someone returning to work. This one pretty easy for me since I’m in that situation. I appreciate the opportunity to do this internship and Saloni and Antony have been very responsive leaders.