Kavya - Full Stack Pathway

Name : Kavya
Team : FS Team-1

Overview of Things Learned :

Technical Area : In the past week, I have learned how to install and set up Discourse onto my windows PC. I have also researched various plugins for the platform. I have learned new Git commands and practices on GitHub for the terminal. I also learned how to program the basics in the Ruby language.

Tools Used : Discourse, Ruby, Visual Studio Code, Github, Asana

Soft Skills : I have learned how to communicate my issues to my leaders and how to use my resources to troubleshoot my problems. I have also learned how to use the resources given to me to execute my tasks efficiently and effectively.

Achievement Highlights

I completed the Ruby programming practice tasks on Visual Studio Code. Before I began, I was wary about the new language, but quickly realized I could apply my previous programming knowledge to learning this one.

I’ve attended all the meetings since the internship started.

Goals for the Upcoming Week

Practice more GitHub commands and get familiar with pushing code
Understand Discourse Theme Development better
Work on pushing my Ruby code through Git

Tasks Done

I have installed Discourse onto my PC, looked into various Discourse Plugins, practiced the Ruby Programming basics, and looked into the Github Commands for the terminal.

Technical Area : I have learned how to run Discourse from the Ubuntu Subsystem on my Windows 10 PC. I’ve also become more familiar with using Github commands by pushing code through the command line from VScode.

Tools Used : Discourse, Ruby, Visual Studio Code, Github, Trello, HTML, Ubuntu, Google Meet, Google Drive, Asana, Slack

Soft Skills : I have been able to work on my time management skills more with the tasks being assigned. I have also been utilizing the resources given by STEM-Away to achieve my tasks.

Achievement Highlights

I was able to successfully push my Ruby Mini Tasks to the GitHub Team Repo.

I’ve attended all the meetings but I did miss one. I was updated on the day’s tasks afterwards.

Continue getting familiar with GitHub
Understand Discourse Theme Development better
Work in groups on assigned section tasks

Tasks Done

Up until now, I have:

• Installed Discourse on my PC
  • Researched Discourse Plugins
  • Completed Ruby Mini Tasks
  • Learned Github Commands and Use
  • Pushed Ruby Tasks to GitHub
  • Installed/Previewed Fakebook Discourse Theme
  • Attended Team Meetings
  • Attended Python and Github Webinars

Technical Area : I have gotten more familiar and comfortable using GitHub and using Discourse Plugins. I have also learned how to Preview a Remote Theme as I edit.

Tools Used : Discourse, Ruby, Visual Studio Code, Github, Asana, Trello, Google Drive, Slack

Soft Skills : I am continually learning how to manage my time and communicate with my team about my progress and issues in subgroups.

Achievement Highlights

I have also brainstormed ideas for my subgroup for the header designs and begun editing the branch for my subgroup.

I’ve attended all the meetings since the internship started, I missed one but was updated and caught up. I have also attended the meetings with my subgroup.

Work on Header updates with subgroup
Keep up with Trello Tasks

Tasks Done

• Attended Team Meetings
  • Brainstormed Header Components and Design
  • Gotten familiar with Trello

Technical Area : GitHub Commands, Ruby Programming, Discourse Theme Development, Javascript, HTML, CSS

Tools Used : Discourse, Ruby, Visual Studio Code, Github, Asana, Trello, Google Drive, Slack

Soft Skills : Team communication and time management

Achievement Highlights

Brainstormed solutions for integration problems.

I’ve attended all the meetings since the internship started, I missed a few but was updated on the tasks each time.

Finish up loose ends and work on presentation

Tasks Done

• Attended Team Meetings
  • Brainstormed Header Components and Design