Jade - Full Stack Pathway

Self-assessment on 15 June 2020:

1. What I have learned: Technical: Ruby, HTML/CSS/Javascript (Ember, Bootstrap), PostgreSQL (Redis), AWS Tools for technical: Atom, Github, pgAdmin, Sketch Tools for group communication: Slack, Asana, Gsuite, Google Drive, Discourse Soft skills: Take records of whatever I have done; Complete subtasks first (Divide and Conquer); Learn good skills from others; Do everything actively and in time

2. Three achievement highlights: I was evaluated as one of the weekly best performers: Ms. Techie - Getting all the technical tasks done first is her thing! Design and construct the basic layout of the website with headers, navigator, collapsed sidebar, blocks, linked icons and a footer. Implement loops, functions, classes and some algorithms in Ruby

3. Meetings and trainings: Regular meetings with leaders and team members Techniques orientations: web development with Ruby, widges, Git

4. Goals for the upcoming week: Start explicit tasks on Discourse platform plug-ins and AWS Learn more about AWS and try to set up instance on it Look forward to subgroup partition result

5. Details of a task: Layout task – to get familiar with HTML/CSS/JS Learn Bootstrap and how to add customized CSS Use three column website layout Choose nav-pills and adjust colors Write footer in a commonly used format Implement collapsed sidebar and embed JavaScript functions outside or within HTML file Search for free SVG icons design Put rounded corner blocks in content part Review all the formats, font-sizes, colors, paddings… and adjust if needed

I was not very experienced with front-end codes, frames and templates. Suggested by Vrinda on a meeting, I tried to learn these knowledges on https://www.w3schools.com. Later, I also learned more about widgets and classes from James’ video https://stemaway.com/t/screencast-of-the-basics-of-the-sidebar-component-as-well-as-basics-on-javascript-ember/3044

Self-assessment on 4 July 2020:

1. What I have learned:
    Technical: AWS and Git

2. Two achivement highlights:
    I have joined in the AWS team and learnt how to use AWS instance to try out designs using specific services and databases.
    I have brainstormed with teammates on designs and decided to work on view customization subgroup. We will customize the home page for each user, according to which groups and positions they are in and what informations they prefer to see.

3. Meetings and trainings:
    Regular technical meetings and SCRUM meetings with leaders, professions and teammates.

Stem-Away Full Stack Path way Final Assessment

From May to July:

1. What I have learned:
    Technical: Ruby, HTML/CSS/Javascript (Ember, Bootstrap), PostgreSQL, Redis, AWS instances, Git manipulations
    Tools for technical: Atom, Github, pgAdmin, Sketch
    Tools for group communication: Slack, Asana, Gsuite, Discourse platform
    Soft skills: Make notes for what I have done currently and plan for the future; Complete subtasks first with Divide and Conquer method; Learn good habits and skills from others; Do everything actively and in time

2. Three achievement highlights:
    I was evaluated as one of the weekly best performers: Ms. Techie - Getting all the
    technical tasks done first is her thing!
    I designed and construct the basic layout of the website with headers, navigator, collapsed
    sidebar, blocks, linked icons and a footer.
    I brainstormed with teammates on designs and decided to work on view customization subgroup. We customized the home page for each user, according to which groups and positions they are in and what informations they prefer to see.

3. Meetings, forums and trainings
    Regular technical meetings every two days and SCRUM meetings every week with leaders and team members.
    Techniques orientations and webinars including topics about web development with Ruby, widges, Git, AWS, mentorships and other soft skills.