3rd Self Assessment
1.0 Deep overview of tasks
What I learned last week:
- Technical: BERT Model, Implementation of BERT
- Tools: fastai, JP notebook, colab
- Soft Skills: Presentation, public speaking, collaboration on group slides
2.0 Three achievement highlights
- Use deep learning framework to implement the BERT Model
- Use BERT model to do text classification to predict the category of posts
3.0 List of meetings/ training attended including social team events
- Weekly team meeting on Monday
- BERT demo by team leads
4.0 Next week’s goals
- Assess and improve accuracy of text classification results
- Learn new things on BERT implementation
I finished all the following tasks by myself and with the help of online resources.
After thorough reading and comprehension of BERT model, I used the deep learning framework fast.ai to implement a text classification program with BERT model. The program classify the 3000 posts from lastest page of SmartThings based on the posts content, and compared with the category metadata on those posts. I still have to assess accuracy and implement it better.
Achievement highlight (non-technical)
I was recommended by my team lead @Hpk0304 to become a lead! I gladly, and humbly accepted the promotion and I am now looking forward for the coming weeks. I am really interested in seeing the end of this beautiful masterpiece.
I will really miss my teammates (those who are not extending) and my team lead as well. It was a very enriching experience and I am looking forward to learning more for these coming weeks!