1. Overview of Things Learned
- Technical Area: Git, open-source software, Discourse platforms, command line, Ruby, HTML & CSS
- Tools: STEM-Away forum, Github, Trello
- Soft skills: Reading and learning through articles, slides improved my comprehensive skills. Not only that, I also improved my listening skills by joining team meetings and understand the tasks.
2. Three Achievement Highlights
- Met the team and started working on modules.
- Gained knowledge in command line & Git, and practiced Ruby syntax.
- Be more self-disciplined to complete task in time.
- Learned and getting familiar with Ruby and the Discourse codebase.
- Complete all of the tasks in time
- Able to join all of the team meetings and weekly kick-off meetings
Read the required readings: Command Line Basics, Understand Git&GitHub, Introduction to Ruby.
Watched the video on Shell under Command Line Basics. The article about Git and Github refreshed my memories on this topic as I already tried Git before I got accepted to this internship.
Watched the video about Ruby.