I studied the ins and outs of a research paper that looked at the correlation between expression of certain genes/miRNA/RNA to determine prognostic markers for colorectal cancer, familiarized myself with their data and the way it was structured, refreshed myself on how to code in Python and learned more about R, and familiarized myself with Slack/Calendar/etc… to help me know what I must do (still working on mastering navigating the Stem Away Website).
R, Python, Slack, Calendar, Stem-Away forums, and Critical analysis of scientific work.
I explored Slack and Stem Away forums and learned how to effectively communicate across said modes of communication. I have not really talked with team members due to the fact that I do not have a mic compatible with my desktop, but I worked at communicating with the built in text services that Zoom and Meets have. I will work towards finding a mic in which I can use on the desktop so I can become more involved with the group.
- Completed the basics of Python with little difficulty and completed R exercises and gained a better understanding.
- Read through the paper and understood the fundamentals and worked towards a comprehensive understanding of it.
- I set up all my accounts on my desktop so that I can be informed and aware of events
- Attended all the team meetings (team 4 then gene team)
- Attended all the technical training sessions
- Attended/watched all the R training sessions
- Missed the Python training but watched the videos
- Attended logical webinar 6/10, and office hours 6/11
- Attended the welcome session 6/12
- The Python and the R exercises that were given