Self-assessment 1 (06/16):
Concise Overview of Things Learned
- Technical Area: Microarrays, Different types of RNA, R for data analysis
- Tools: RStudio, GEO Database, Stem-Away forums, Google Drive
- Soft Skills: I am learning how to collaborate in a virtual environment
Three Achievement Highlights
- This is my first exposure to Bioinformatics. I am beginning to understand the different data processing and analysis steps and how they fit together.
- I am beginning to get better at R with the help of the assigned exercises as well as by exploring related ones.
- I got the right answer to Erin’s trivia question (lol)
List of Meetings/ Training Attended Including Social Team Events
- Team introduction meetings (Alex and Erin)
- Technical webinars
- R training (two)
- Asana training
Goals For The Upcoming Week
I am still a little bit behind because a lot of this is new to me. However, I will try to catch up by the end of next week and get to know my team. Thank you @egunduz and @yvesgaetan for all the guidance.
Here is an animation that I found helpful in understanding how micro RNAs silence/regulate genes: