FIRST ASSESSMENT 16/06/2020
1. An Overview of Things Learned
- HTML: I learnt how to work better with the “nav, section and div” elements
- CSS: I learnt more on how flex box and grid works with the aid of the link provided by our team lead https://www.geeksforgeeks.org
- Ruby: I learnt the basics of Ruby such as syntax, output, comments, interpolation, string, arrays, methods etc. I equally learned how to install Ruby on Windows OS and Mac OS.
- PostgreSQL: I learned how to set up PSQL and creating a table in PSQL, insert values, and delete a table
- I learnt how to use Google Chat or access G-Chat from my mentorchains account.
- I learned how to use Google Meet.
- In Slack App. I learned how to interact with my team members via direct messaging as well as how to check updates on different channels.
- I learnt how to use Asana, a project management tool
- Time Management: like goal setting, planning, decision making, focus and delegation.
- Creativity: design, imagination and inspiration.
2. Three Achievement Highlights
- Successful completion of the webpage layout design task
- Completion of mini Ruby and PostgreSQL task.
- Finally installed discourse on my local machine after series of failures.
3. Meeting/training Attendance
- Week 1: Missed 1 meeting out of 5 meetings.
- Week 2: Missed 1 meeting out of 2 meetings.
- Week 3: Discourse Demo meeting; was present.
4. Goals For this Week
- To get deeper knowledge on Ruby language and Ember.js
- Complete few undone tasks and to catch up with the newly assigned ones.
5. Details of Tasks done and Hurdles Faced
- I was able to set up Ruby environment.
- Created method and loop
- I was able to set up Set up PostgreSQL.
- i was able to create a table
- I was scared to start the task in the first instance because it was my first time to work with back-end language
- Google Search Engine, YouTube And resources provided for us.
- Change Background Color
- Top navigation bar
- Side bar navigation
- 3 columns with rounded blocks edges
- I got Stuck while trying to style the flex container that contains the rounded block edges, like, I was "stuck like Chuck". I tried to make it responsive using flex-box property called "flex-wrap", but failed because I used FIXED WIDTH on the flex container and it prevented the flex items (rounded blocks edges) from wrapping.
- Reference to previous layout designs I did, after I had tried to debug it using Mozilla Fire Fox developer's tool.
- In progress...
Mini Ruby and PostgreSQL Task:
The Webpage Layout Task: