- Technical Skills: Basic coding and plotting in R and Python
- Tools: Python, R, Stem-Away Forum, Google Suites
- Soft Skills: team collaboration with peers, virtual meeting etiquette and flow,
- Leaned how to code with R
- Leaned how to code in Python (I’m used to java which is frustratingly similar)
- Understanding the majority of the information from the paper
6/1 Team Four Meeting, 6/2 R Training, 6/3 Technical Training Webinar 2, 6/8 Gene Team Meeting, 6/10 Logistical Webinar, 6/10 Technical Training, 6/10 Welcome Session, 6/11 Gene Team meeting, 6/15 Gene Team Meeting
Goals for the Upcoming Week:
- Continue to build my skills with R and Python. I want to put a special focus on R this week.
- Further my understanding of the provided data
- Attend a team happy hour
- Watched all of the R and Python training videos and completed the given tasks.
*Supplemented teachings with additional practice in R to further my skills where they were lacking
- Read and annotated the provided paper. Researched any terms or topics that I did not understand. Spent time going through the figures in an attempt to better understand them.