Week 1 Self Assessment
- Reading a scientific paper- Analysing the different methods used for study and how to interpret their results to draw meaningful conclusions
- Installing R and RStudio and additional packages
- Fundamentals of R programming-syntax, debugging, visualisation
- STEM-Away Platform
- R console, R studio
- Using team collaboration platforms
- Interacting and collaborating with other members for journal club and presenting our findings
- Time Management: Working as a STEM-Away participant while working on other projects and also adjusting to the difference in time zones
- Gaining a further understanding of the transcriptomics pipeline
- Learning how to use R
- Getting an overview of the internship and its aims and objectives.
- I found the STEM Away forum and dashboard hard to navigate at first. But after following the tutorial, I was able to use it easily.