Akanksha_Singh - Machine Learning Pathway

Concise overview of things learned. Break it up into Technical Area, Tools, Soft Skills:

Technical : I learned how to use Selenium and Beautiful soup for web scraping

Tools : Got introduced to Asana, management tool that I was not aware of earlier

Soft Skills : Team collaboration

Three achievement highlights:

1. Learnt something new
  2. Successfully scraped Fulfillment by Amazon forum using Selenium.
  3. Managed time to finish tasks in the given time

List of meetings/ training attended including social team events

Team Meetings: 6/1, 6/9, 6/13

Webinars: Git Webinar (6/5)

Goals for the upcoming week

My goal for the next week is to learn more about data cleaning and BERT and how to use it in developing the model

Detailed statement of tasks done

Task 1: GSuite, Slack, Asana, and GitHub Setup

• Task 1 Hurdles: Had problem in setting up GSuite which was solved by Project Leads

Task 2: Learning Selenium and web scraping

• Task 2 Hurdles: Had no knowledge about selenium so struggled a bit initially. Resources shared by mentors helped in making this process easier.

Task 3: Using selenium for scraping the Fulfillment by Amazon forum and exporting extracted data in CSV file.

• Task 3 Hurdles: Had problems in setting up the environment which was solved by tips given by team members
1 Like

Concise overview of things learned. Break it up into Technical Area, Tools, Soft Skills:

Technical : Learned about Natural Language Processing, Transformers and BERT

Tools :DistilBERT, Huggingface and its functions

Soft Skills : Communication skills

Three achievement highlights:

1. Collected and combined data
  2. Learned about NLP and BERT
  3. Learning more about it from online resources, webinars

List of meetings/ training attended including social team events

Team Meetings: All team meetings

Goals for the upcoming week
My goal will be to successfully implement DistillBERT on data collected

Detailed statement of tasks done. State each task, hurdles faced if any and how you solved the hurdle. You need to clearly mark whether the hurdles were solved with the help of training webinars, some help from project leads or significant help from project leads.

Task 1: Learned more about BERT

• Task 1 Hurdles: Totally new topic for me. So found it a little confusing initially. Articles, resources shared by teammates and project leads helped.