A concise overview of things learned. Break it up into Technical Area, Tools, Soft Skills
- Technical Areas: I’ve learned how to read and understand scientific papers. I have also started learning more about computer science. Although I am not very familiar with the coding languages and usually take lots of time to code successfully.
- Tools: I have used and have been using the webinars and notes from meetings to get caught up with everything I missed in the first week, especially in terms of the coding aspects of the internship. However, I am not very good at it.
- Soft skills: I’ve been able to communicate with my team members and get to know the team and some people from other teams as well.
Three achievement highlights
- Go to almost every meeting, and reading notes from the ones I missed.
- Learn more about basic coding
- Communicate and make connections with people.
List of meetings/ training attended including social team events
I went to almost every meeting this week while trying to catch up on what I missed from week one, especially the coding webinars that I missed. However, I missed the happy hour due to a scheduling conflict.
Goals for the upcoming week.
My goals for this week are to get a LinkedIn account and to connect with people through that platform; get proficient in R and Python; work more efficiently on the assignments that are given. Additionally, I’d like to try and get to know the members of the team better.