Week: Beginning of July Internship Session to 8/5/20
Overview of Things Learned:
- Learned about various methods for user research
- User Interviews - best practices, user insights and analysis
- Affinity mapping
- Empathy mapping
- User personas
- Conducted user research interviews; gained experience in gleaning information from users
- Learned how to compose user personas, empathy maps, and affinity maps
- User insight analysis
- Draft and revise How Might We statements
- Used Mural as a brainstorming and mapping tool.
- Slack was used and was a valuable communication tool for team and group collaboration.
- Paper was used for quick sketching and wireframing of ideas.
- Communication; I learned to better express my ideas and thoughts during team meetings.
- Note-taking; taking detailed and clear notes from user interviews
- Attention to detail - I learned to observe and value the little consistencies within our user research and during the exercises which were carried out during meetings.
I extended my knowledge of the UX design process from user research to prototyping, which will be explored in this current week. Furthermore, I learned about UX research.
7/16, 7/22, 7/24, 7/28, 7/30, 7/31, 8/4
Unfortunately, I encountered significant technical difficulties during a few of these meetings.
Goals for the Upcoming Week
- Settle on a How Might We statement; narrow down issues
- Prepare lo-fi wireframes
- Design an interactive prototype of our solution to the selected issue via Figma
- Along with a partner, Emily, I analyzed and took notes from user research interviews.
- In groups, we assembled a number of problems based on the results we gained from our interviews.
- Brainstormed solutions to the issues found, using Mural as a collaboration tool.
- Revised and drafted How Might We statements
- Reviewed empathy maps, affinity maps, user personas.