Welcome Team 1 ML Project Team

Hello friends!

My name is Mila and as the project lead of team 1, I will support you together with our technical lead shruti and PM lead shreyas in the upcoming 5 weeks. We are excited to work with you all and would love to know more about you before we kick-off.

It would be wonderful if you can introduce yourself by replying with the following:
Name:
Time Zone:
Where you are from:
School & year / Job Title:
Experience with Machine Learning:
One thing you wish to get out of this internship:
Team Name Suggestion:

In the meantime, if there is anything you need support with, please don’t hesitate to drop a message here!

1 Like

@AbdulMoidM @changhyunlee @mjkamin @natmes @Chris_Lee @LigmaBalls @elindboo @AmaNimako

Hi Everyone!
Name: Abdul Moid Munawar

Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time

Where you are from: Islamabad, Pakistan originally, but living in Rochester, NY

School & year / Job Title: the University of Rochester, Class of 2022

Experience with Machine Learning: Introductory AI course at college, Data Mining course at college in which I applied LSTM time series forecasting for a final project

One thing you wish to get out of this internship: I hope to learn from my interactions with my very qualified peers and mentors during this internship. I would love it if this learning experience can produce a meaningful project by the end of this internship, and will strive my best to make that happen.

Team Name Suggestion: Team#1 , cuz we are number 1!

1 Like

Hello everyone,

My name is Joshua Ehizibolo. Congrats @milagao
Time Zone: EST (GMT-4)
Where you are from: Maryland, US
School & year / Job Title: University of Maryland, College Park; rising junior
Experience with Machine Learning: I am new to ML so beginner, but I am excited to learn.
One thing you wish to get out of this internship: Mentorship
Team Name Suggestion: Some ideas: Wings, Falcon, Racers?

Hello!
My name is Chanh Bui.

Time Zone: MST, UTC-7.

Where you are from: I am from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

School & year / Job Title: the University of Denver, Class of 2022

Experience with Machine Learning: Machine learning course on Coursera so I probably know a little bit about the subject.

One thing you wish to get out of this internship: I hope I will be able to gain experience of working in a team in a more professional environment.

Team Name Suggestion: Aces would be a cool name

Hi guys,

Name: Changhyun Lee (I go by either Changhyun or Lee)
Time Zone: EST
Where you are from: I am from South Korea; stayed in Denver, CO for about 6 years; am studying in Rochester, NY now.
School & year / Job Title: University of Rochester / Class of 2021
Experience with Machine Learning: I took classes on Time Series, AI, machine learning, various statistics courses, and some online courses.
One thing you wish to get out of this internship: I would like to spend this summer doing something meaningful interacting with new people.
Team Name Suggestion: Team#1 sounds easy.

Hi everyone,

I’m Shreyas and as Mila mentioned, I will be your Project Management Lead during this internship. If you have any questions about STEM-Away, what we will be doing in this internship, or anything else, feel free to message me. I’m always happy to help!

Name: Shreyas Pasumarthi
Time Zone: Pacific Daylight Time
Where you are from: San Diego, CA
School & year / Job Title: Mentor Chains Manager at STEM-Away
Experience with Machine Learning: Done courses on tensor flow and machine learning
One thing you wish to get out of this internship: Experience with ML and Project Management
Team Name Suggestion: Team One sounds good to me but I’m open to suggestions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone
Mail : kaustavsarma1999@gmail.com
Name: kaustav mani sarma
Time Zone: IST (GMT +5.30)
Where you are from: India
School & year / Job Title: Maharshi dayanand University,bachelors class of 2022
Experience with Machine Learning: MOOCs only,no hands on experience so far
One thing you wish to get out of this internship: handling ml projects as a team
Team Name Suggestion: Falcon or Phoenix etc.

Hello Everyone!! :grinning:
Name: Pavitra Walia
Time Zone: India Standard Time (GMT+5:30)
Where you are from: New Delhi, India
School & year / Job Title: Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology, Class of 2022
Experience with Machine Learning: I have completed the Machine Learning basics online course from Udacity and Coursera and also have a brief idea about how to work with numpy and pandas.
One thing you wish to get out of this internship: I hope that the insights gained from mentorship sessions & meaningful discussions with peers and mentors will help me explore new arenas in Machine Learning. I look forward to developing a project on my own via these learnings.
Team Name Suggestion: Aces sound cool to me as well :smile:

Hello Everyone!
Name: Mohammed Sami (I go by just Sami)
Time Zone: Central Daylight Time
Where you are from: Lombard, IL
School & year / Job Title: University of Illinois at Chicago
Class of 2021
Experience with Machine Learning: As for the math behind ML, I’ve taken Linear Algebra and Statistics courses. In terms of the CS aspect, I’ve taken a Computer Algorithms course and others alike but not directly related to ML.
One thing you wish to get out of this internship: I wish to bring my abilities to help this team as well as learn from my teammates and create a sort of cycle of nourishment and ingenuity.
Team Name Suggestion: Aces

Hi Everyone!

Name: Ali Jilani
Where you are from: Maryland, USA
School & year / Job Title: University of Maryland, College Park; Class of 2021
Experience with Machine Learning: Linear Algebra, Matlab, C/C++, computer organization, and some intro classes online but excited to learn more
One thing you wish to get out of this internship: I hope to gain valuable experience of ML from execution of the project, our mentor, and peers. Also serves as a productive way to spend time while under quarantine.
Team Name Suggestion: Team #1

Hi Everyone!

I’m Shruti and I’ll be your technical lead this session, working alongside Mila and Shreyas to guide this team. Feel free to reach out to me with any technical/project-specific questions. We’re so excited to work with you all this summer!
Name: Shruti J
Time Zone: PDT (GMT-7)
Where you are from: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
School & year / Job Title: Undergrad at the University of Massachusetts Amherst
Experience with Machine Learning: Worked on academic research in NLP, an industry-level internship project, and some side projects
One thing you wish to get out of this internship: To build a meaningful product and help other students break into the ML space
Team Name Suggestion: Team 1 is fine with me!
Our first meeting is coming up very soon, but if there’s anything you need in the meantime, feel free to email me at shrutij@mentorchains.com or message me here!

1 Like

Hi everyone,
Name: Natalie Messner
Time Zone: Eastern Daylight Time
Where you are from: Southington, Connecticut
School & year / Job Title: University of Maryland, College Park; Class of 2021
Experience with Machine Learning: I’ve taken Linear Algebra, and know some Matlab and C++
One thing you wish to get out of this internship: I hope to learn more about machine learning and learn from my peers and mentors.
Team Name Suggestion: Team 1 works for me!

Hello Everyone :grin:

Name: Ama Nimako
Where you are from: New Jersey, USA originally from Ghana in West Africa
School & year / Job Title: Rising Senior at The College of New Jersey
Experience with Machine Learning: I have only learn Matlab and C++ but I’m using this internship and the summer to expand my knowledge
One thing you wish to get out of this internship: I would like to make meaningful connections and leave with more knowledge and experience in Machine Learning
Team Name Suggestion: Some combination of our initials

Hey everyone,

My name is Christopher Lee
Time Zone: Eastern Standard
Where: Virginia, US
School & Year: Rising third-year at University of Virginia
Experience with ML: I’ve watched a lot of YouTube videos about it but not much hands on practice
What I wish to get out of this: Exposure to what machine learning is and how it can be used to create solutions to real problems.
Team Name Suggestion: Eagles (top of the food chain, baby)

Hello everyone, excited to work with you all!
Name: Megan J
Time Zone: PST
Where you are from:SF Bay Area, California
School & year / Job Title: Dougherty Valley HS, class of 2022
Experience with Machine Learning: Open courseware from Harvard on AI and tinkering with Python libraries :slight_smile:
One thing you wish to get out of this internship: I want to gain more technical knowledge and expertise in ML applications.
Team Name Suggestion: Aces sounds good but anything works for me!

Hey. I can’t become a member in any group for a reason. Could you please help me with that?

1 Like

Hi Mehrad,

Are you talking about groups on the STEM-Away website?