A team lead’s job starts before the team begins working.
For my team, the internship started on 15 July (Week 1).
I had a week 0 as well to plan out things in advance, so it’s a smooth and efficient project for my team.
Week 0: 8 July - 14 July
- Scheduled Project Alignment meetings with @Stephanie
- Scheduled Lead Alignment meetings with other leads (only @ZeryWang was available at the given time)
- Helped @ZeryWang get comfortable with the leadership position he held and the tools we were going to be using (sharing my experiences from June session as an FS Team Lead)
- Brainstormed ideas for upcoming project timeline with @Stephanie and @ZeryWang
- Listed potential topics for the project under EN Pathway
- Strategised a project timeline
- Having a strategised project timeline we also kept some places open for pivoting on the go looking at the responses and progress. For this, we decided to have weekly lead check-in meetings with Stephanie.
- Setup Google Drive and Group for EN Pathway with help from @Isha
Soft Skills Learnt:
- Understanding the difference between leadership and mentorship
- Project Planning and Management
- Time Management (for self and others)
- Timeline Strategising
- Adapting and critical thinking
- Decision making and more importantly Instant decision making
- Learning to foresee potential fault touch points and having backup plans for the same
- Accepting that we working with diverse teams that essentially means participants will be from various skill levels so the weekly deliverables should be well balanced - not too hard yet not too easy (learning from June session)
- Applying previous experience learnings (June Session FS Team Lead Experience)
Goals for the Upcoming Week
- Comfortable and smooth onboarding of team members
- Resource finding for each topic
- Easy understanding and usage of tools
- Basics of Entrepreneurship
- Make sure everyone has clarity on the overall project and individual expectations and deliverables.
- Make a relationship with each of them, so they feel comfortable reaching out and asking queries.
- Google Meets
- Google Drive
- Google Groups