The two pillars of User Experience (UX) - Research & Design. Hosts: Max Wechsler-Azen and Rudy Bisenieks, Recent Graduates from UC Santa Cruz (Recording available)

About this STEMCasts® episode:

In this webinar you will learn about User Experience (UX) Design and Research and most
importantly how to understand the user. Don’t miss out on this exciting webinar, a learning resource for Summer 2020 projects on our platform!

Meet Your Instructors:

We’ll be talking about how to improve products through user insight and how to translate their needs into product design.We’ll provide an overview of the tools and practices used in identifying user needs and how to synthesize your research to inform the design process.

Max Wechsler-Azen

I’m a recent graduate from the University of California, Santa Cruz and a STEM- Away student architect. I got my start in Academic research and have used the tools I learned there to propel my UX Research career. At the moment, I work on improving a chatbot for the Amazon Alexa Prize and understanding Academic Misconduct within engineering courses.

Rudy Bisenieks

I graduated with a BS in Cognitive Science from UC Santa Cruz, where I focused on Human-Computer Interaction. UCSC is where I learned rigorous research practices and the importance of putting the user first when creating great products. After graduating I completed a UX Design Immersive course at General Assembly to gain a more technical and holistic understanding of the design process and its fit within larger organizations. I’m currently working as a freelance UX designer.

What You’ll Learn:

• Introduction and History of UX
  • The two pillars of UX - Research and Design
  • UX Methods

STEMCasts® Schedule:

1. Our Journey into User Experience Research and Design - from Academia to Industry
  2. What is UX? Why is it important?
  3. UX Designer/Researcher Tool Belt
  4. UX Exercise
  5. How to get started in UX

Reply to this topic with questions and feedback. This webinar is part of a STEM-Away® Pathway in UX Design & Research.

ux