Team 2: Meet and Greet

Hi Team,

Welcome to UX Team 2! My name is Antony and I’ll be one of the Co-Leads for this session alongside Saloni. I’m a rising sophomore at University of Rochester Majoring in Optical Engineering and Computer Science. We’re looking forward to working with all of you over the coming weeks.

To get started let’s do a little bit of icebreaking(examples can be seen in Team 1 post) before our first meeting on Monday.
If you could reply with your:
Name:
Time Zone:
Previous Experience with UX:
Goals of Joining Steam Away:
An interesting fact about you:

Name: Antony Georgiadis
Time Zone: PST
Previous Experience with UX: Worked on the redesign/optimization of an e-commerce website during an internship.
Goals of Joining Steam Away: Gaining leadership experience and meeting others interested in the StemAway platform.
An interesting fact about you: I have an unsettling ability to eat ice cream in large quantities.

Hey Team,
Myself Saloni Shah one of the co-leads for the UX Team so feel free to reach out to me and @AntonyGeorgiadis

I am looking forward to working with you all during the summer.
@Michaelburfoot
@Kristen_Johanson
@Kavya
@Rudsonvarona
@KRPau
@Julie_Zhou
@Parth_Kasat
@tld70
@HasinAnik

Name: Saloni Shah
Time Zone: EST
Previous Experience with UX: Worked as Design Engineer for a year in a company that manufactures material handling equipment.
Goals of Joining Steam Away: Giving away my knowledge on design and help via leadership skills as well gain more experience and widen my knowledge.
An interesting fact about you: I love collecting varieties of erasers.

Name: Hasin Anik
Time Zone: New York, EST.
Previous Experience with UX: I am very new to this sector.
Goals of Joining Steam Away: I am hoping to learn more about different STEM opportunities out there.
An interesting fact about you: I am a fitness assistant trainer. Hoping to be a trainer this summer.

This is Mihika Bhatnagar
Time Zone - Dublin, CA
Goals of Joining in Steam Away - Love Designing, and want to extend this knowledge through the project and explore more
An interesting fact about you: I enjoy playing cricket

Name: Michael Burfoot
Time Zone: EST
Previous Experience with UX: I am new to UX and looking forward to learning more!
Goals of Joining StemAway: Gain experience and make connections!
An interesting fact about you: I got the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and I am a Biomedical Engineer!

Name: Kavya
Time Zone: EST (Virginia)
Previous Experience with UX: I took a course in web dev. in HS and helped maintain my robotics team’s website. I am proficient at creating graphics using Adobe illustrator and using Photoshop!
Goals of Joining Steam Away: I’ve worked on small tasks in design but would like to gain the experience of a team-driven project that requires collaboration. I also would like to take what I know to another level!
An interesting fact about you: I like cotton candy flavored popsicles

Also, Thanks for taking your time, and I and @AntonyGeorgiadis are looking forward to working with you all starting on Monday.
It would be nice if everyone responds to the time for 12 pm (EST) for setting up our first session. Just reply “Perfect” and if it doesn’t work for anyone then reply here or send a personal message to me or @AntonyGeorgiadis.
I am excited to work with you all for the following 5 weeks.

@Michaelburfoot
@Kristen_Johanson
@Kavya
@Rudsonvarona
@KRPau
@Julie_Zhou
@Parth_Kasat
@tld70
@HasinAnik

Kristine Pau
Previous Experience: Very new to UX
Goals: Would love to gain experience and see the process of a building a project.
Interesting fact: I am a big foodie:)

Perfect

Perfect

Please reply to the above message by tonight.

@Michaelburfoot
@Kristen_Johanson
@Kavya
@Rudsonvarona
@KRPau
@Julie_Zhou
@tld70
@miksbhatnagar

Perfect

Perfect!

Perfect

perfect!

Hey everyone,

@Kristen_Johanson
@Kavya
@Michaelburfoot
@KRPau
@Julie_Zhou
@Parth_Kasat
@tld70
@HasinAnik
@miksbhatnagar

I am sending you the meet for tomorrow’s session

Join by phone

‪+1 678-987-8304‬ PIN: ‪838 290 054‬#

Perfect

Name: Kristen Johanson
Previous Experience with UX: New to UX, excited to learn
Goals of Joining Steam Away: Learn a lot to be confident to start new career
An interesting fact about you: I did the Game of Thrones tour in Dubrovnik, Croatia last December but I still haven’t seen the show.