Project Leads & Technical Leads: Open to college students and junior professionals.
Project Management Leads: Open to all applicants.
Soft Skills Development
Mentor Chains® Leads: Leadership, Mentoring, Team Building, Project Management, Delegation, Constructive Feedback, Compassion
Mentor Chains® Participants & Leads: Teamwork, Virtual Collaboration, Diverse Teams, Time Management, Lateral & Strategic Thinking, Presentation, Confidence
Note: External presentation opportunities are offered first to leads.
Project Lead (focus on product vision, strategic plans and roadmap)
- Work with Technical and PM Leads to finalize all project decisions
- Work with Technical and PM Leads to monitor technical and people aspects. Make dynamic adjustments as needed.
- Communicate all project needs to STEM-Away team
- Plan & execute Team Showcasing
- Optionally collaborate with other Project Leads to create a stronger final product
- Contribute to brainstorming meetings with STEM-Away Domain & PM Experts
Technical Lead (focus on domain expertise)
- Decide technical content of the project
- Create project timeline along with PM lead
- Assess technical expertise of team
- Decide team structure/ groups along with PM lead
- Monitor progress of project from technical point of view, make dynamic adjustments as needed
- Create videos/ hold webinars as needed to explain key technical aspects
- Contribute to brainstorming meetings with STEM-Away Domain Experts
Project Management (PM) Lead (focus on execution)
- Decide collaboration framework
- Select PM methodology and tools
- Create project timeline along with technical lead
- Decide team structure/ groups along with technical lead
- Use PM best practices corresponding to the selected PM methodology to run the team of 8-15 students.
- Contribute to brainstorming meetings with STEM-Away Project Management Experts
- Project Management Best Practices - Scrum - Trello. Host: Katie Elizabeth, STEM-Away® Head of Marketing
- Project management skills for effective teamwork. Includes a tour of Asana. Host: Paul Grobler, Productivity Consultant & Social Entrepreneur
Summer 2021 Application Sitemap