SPAM/ Hack warning - Please read

People are receiving this message.

"Hi (name), I need you to do something for me, reply with your direct cell number.

Thanks!
Debaleena Das"

This message is NOT from me. Thank you @Mqureshi10 for alerting me to this scam. Glad that you noticed that the message was sent to an email that you have not shared with STEM-Away!

Do block the email address and/or phone number of the person sending these messages.

Leads, please let your team know. Thank you!!

@ML-Leads-Summer2020
@BI-Leads-Summer2020
@UX-Leads-Summer2020
@FS-Leads-Summer2020

4 Likes

Thank you for letting us know! I also received this and promptly deleted/blocked it. Appreciate the heads up.

Thanks for letting us know.

FYI team @FS-Team2-June1

++ @FS-Team3-June1, @FS-Leads-Summer2020

Hi Jonah, Can you think of how the spammers may have got your email? You did not share it openly anywhere on this platform, I have checked that. We have traced some cases back to emails available on LinkedIn. I am trying to get the full picture.

@ddas

Hi Debaleena, I hope you’re well. To answer your question - I’m truly not sure. I can see how it may have been LinkedIn, through which my email (personal) is attached, but since I cannot speak definitively, I don’t want to throw anything out for sure. In agreement with your point, I don’t believe it had anything to do with this forum since I have not shared my personal details. If I think of anything else, I will be sure to let you know. Thank you for reaching out. Please enjoy your night!

Respectfully,
Jonah

Thanks for the reply Jonah. If you are not sure, that is fine. I am seeking definitive data only as in “the email that received the spam is an open email on social media xxx”. If there is a pattern to the replies, I can better alert students. We cannot stop such spams. All orgs are subject to such spams. I was hoping we could fly under the radar for some more time!