Vishaal811 - Machine Learning Pathway

Week 1 & 2

Overview of things learned

Technical: I research about the different types of data annotation tools that are currently available. Following this, I built a web scraper through the help of BeautifulSoup library in Python in order to extract the questions, answers and tags from the softwareengineering.stackexchange.com forum. Tools: Explored various open-source data annotation tools and went through their features and shortcomings in order to gain a better intuition on how they work. Soft Skills: Communicated with a global team and collaborated with my teammates.

Achievement highlights

1. Researched and Created a report on BRAT, which is an open-source text annotation tool.
  2. Developed a web crawler to get the data from the stackexchange forum

Meetings Attended

1. Team Introduction
  2. Introduction to annotation tools
  3. Annotation tools and project structure
  4. Web Scraper Submission

Goals for the upcoming week

1. Enhance the Web Scraper and do the data cleaning as well
  2. Research about the Machine Learning Models that can be used for our project

Tasks Done

1. Task : Research about data annotation tools Hurdles : It was challenging to pick one single tool that will be the best for our requirements The resources provided by our leads were useful and helped me gain more understanding about all the tools.
  2. Task : Build a web crawler Hurdles : I was facing some errors while using Scrapy. Now, I am making the use of BeautifulSoup and so far I am not facing any issues.

Week 3

Overview of things learned

Technical: I completed my web crawler for scraping out the data from the stackexchange website. Started research on Word2Vec model.
Tools: Python, Git
Soft Skills: Communicated with a global team and collaborated with my teammates.

Achievement highlights

1. Completed and submitted my web scraper.
  2. Researched about Word2Vec ML model

Meetings Attended

All the meetings so far except one.

Goals for the upcoming week

1. Complete the implementation of the Word2Vec model
  2. Research more about other alternative models as well

Tasks Done

I completed the web crawler. I was facing some errors due to some incorrect logic in my code. I fixed that and now the code is functional.
I have researched about the Word2Vec model by going through several articles, papers and videos. I will continue to get a better understanding of this and complete the implementation as well.

Update: Managed to complete the implementation of Word2Vec and created a notebook on that.