Self Assessment 2 - (7/28/20 - 8/4/20)
Overview of things learned:
- Technical - Using R Studio and downloading datasets from deliverables
- Tools - Slack, Google Meets, R Studio, STEMAway website
- Soft Skills - communicating with other teammates, problem-solving, discussions with teammates
Three achievement highlights:
- Saw the results produced by other groups’ code through the team 1 joint meeting. Meeting made me further understand the results of experiment.
- Gained valuable insight on bioinformatics as an observer.
- Communicated with other group members about results in team meeting and on slack
List of meetings attended including social team events:
- 01/08 - Group 3 meeting to discuss deliverables
- 03/08 - Team 1 meeting
- 04/08 - Team 1 deliverables presentation
Goals for the upcoming week:
- Try to complete the deliverables at a faster pace
- Fully strengthen my understanding of the data produced by the code.
Detailed statement of tasks done:
- Observed the code used by my teammates and the results that were produced. Communicated with teammates via Google Meet.
- Communicated with my team on slack and Google Meet.
- Created a GitHub account.
Challenges and how those challenges were overcome:
*Didn’t really understand what was being analyzed at first but attending the meeting at the end of the week helped a lot.
*At the beginning, communicating with teammates was hard because of our different time zones but we scheduled meeting times we could all attend. Communication was also made easier after the Slack channels were made.