Self Assessment 3

Concise overview of things learned. Break it up into Technical Area, Tools, Soft Skills
Technical Area: Learned how to use DistilBERT and how to train a classification model.
Tools: DistilBERT, Transformers, Scikit
Soft Skills: Worked on teamwork and presentation skills

Three achievement highlights
Able to implement DistilBERT and train the classification model, created a csv file with post text split into a max of 512 words each, and gained a better understanding of machine learning.

List of meetings/ training attended including social team events
Attended the team meetings.

Goals for the upcoming week
Work on increasing accuracy of the classification model, and turning the model into a recommendation system.

Detailed statement of tasks done. State each task, hurdles faced if any and how you solved the hurdle. You need to clearly mark whether the hurdles were solved with the help of training webinars, some help from project leads or significant help from project leads.
I was able to implement DistilBERT and train the classification model. Initially had problems running DistilBERT, but fixed it by decreasing the max tokens. I made a csv file that combined title and post text, limiting each row to 512 words max. Had some trouble splitting the post text initially, but got it to work by fixing the code and more testing. I worked on the final presentation with teammates and practiced my presentation skills. Also, I learned more about machine learning concepts from team leads resources.