Role: Mentor for Team 6 ( Topic Recommendation Project) and Contributor in Team 2 (Tag Annotation Project)
In Team 6:
- Conduct presentations on the topics that are unfamiliar to teammates in Team 6.
- Organize scrum and status meeting along with project leads to discuss upon sprint planning.
- Conduct FAQ sessions for topics that require a deep-dive as a Subject Matter Expert.
In Team 2:
- Project plan and architecture design along with project leads
- Part of decision making regarding Tech stack to be used.
- Participate in weekly scrums.
- Build a recommender system for Tag Annotation with active learning loop implementation.
- Deploy the application in dev and test environment for demonstrative and testing purposes using Streamlit
- Migrate the entire application to AWS using Deep Learning Ubuntu instance.
- Setup Networking, VPC, EC2, RDS, SES and Quota limit of vCPUs on AWS.
- Presentation preparation on the work I had contributed for
My weekly assessments are as follows:
Overview of Things Performed:
- Technical Area:
- Mentoring the Team 6 with basics of Machine Learning and recommender systems.
- Slack channel setup for communication
- Delegation of roles and responsibilities among different leads.
- Tools Used: Jupyter notebooks for coding demos. STEM-Away forum and Slack channel for communication.
- Soft Skills: Leadership principles, communication with the project leads and technical leads, delegation of authority
- Successfully sketched the project planning and the architected the tech stack that will be required.
- Conducted FAQ and greeting sessions with teammates in order to showcase the roadmap of the internship.
- Kick-off meeting for Team 6
- FAQ session
Goals for the Upcoming Week
Deep dive webinar to be conducted on web scraping using python, selenium and Beautiful Soup.