Project management skills for effective teamwork. Host: Paul Grobler, Productivity Consultant & Social Entrepreneur

About this STEMCasts® episode:

Project management frameworks are essential for collaboration and effective teamwork. In this STEMCasts® episode, students will learn the the basics of project management and application to a real life project.

This webinar is a critical learning resource for STEM-Away® project participants. The emphasis of Mentor Chains® Projects is on teamwork and iterative progress towards a well defined goal. Project management skills are a must for success in these projects as well as real world STEM success!

Meet Your Instructor:

This STEMCasts® is hosted by Paul Grobler, a productivity consultant and social entrepreneur. A passion for productivity and social change, here is an introduction from Paul:

I am an instant human, just add coffee and good conversation. I have more than ten years of experience managing a variety of projects and teams with a Getting Things Done mindset. I now coach individuals and teams on how to be more productive and get more out of online productivity tools. I am an Asana Certified Pro, Professional Scrum Master and G Suite certified.

As a Social Entrepreneur, I try to recognize social problems and uses entrepreneurial principles to organize, create and manage a venture to achieve social change.

stemcasts-pm (6)

Please signup by indicating your preference below. You will receive a notification with meeting details within 2-4 days. The webinar will be recorded with a focus on the speaker. There will be an additional 15 mins recording at the end for students who wish to be included in the final video. The student interaction video will be a mix of Q&A and audience feedback.

• I would like to signup for the webinar only
  • I would like to signup for the webinar and student interaction video

0 voters

What You’ll Learn:

• Increasing productivity: coordinating work versus doing work
  • Project management methodologies and frameworks
  • Using Asana as a work management tool
  • Project Management in the context of Mentor Chains® Projects

Target Audience:

• High school and college students interested in learning about tools and frameworks for collaboration and effective teamwork.

STEMCasts® Schedule:

1. Why project management?
  2. Introduction to project management frameworks with a tour of Asana features
  3. Real life example of using Asana to drive a short term online project.
  4. Best project management practices for an online team

Reply to this topic with questions and feedback. This webinar is part of the STEM-Away® Pathways with a focus on critical soft skills.