Project duration change. We are extending the session to a total of 8 weeks

We understand that you signed up for 5 weeks and may not be available for 8 weeks. Please indicate if that is the case by checking yes in the box below. Please do make it a priority to check the box, it will help our planning.

You will have access to one of the polls below based on your team membership. We are tracking on a per team basis.

Poll for Bioinformagic:

• I am available for 5 weeks only

0 voters

Poll for The Gene Team:

• I am available for 5 weeks only

0 voters

Participants: The Bioinformatics leads are working out a plan that will work for all participants irrespective of whether you are attending for 5 weeks or 8 weeks. We will ensure that a well defined sub-portion of the project is completed in 5 weeks. And you can continue as observers after that to follow the project to completion.

Observers: We know that many of you were planning to move on to a participant role in the July 6th session. That session will be pushed out, we have not yet decided the start date. Let me know how many of you would like to move to a participant role in this session. If it is a small number, we may be able to accommodate. Otherwise, you will have to wait a little longer for the next session.

You will have access to one of the polls below based on your team membership. We are tracking on a per team basis.

Poll for Bioinformagic:

• I would like to move from observer to participant

0 voters

Poll for The Gene Team:

• I would like to move from observer to participant

0 voters

Participants: If any of you wish to do this session as an observer, please let us know by checking the box below.

Poll for Bioinformagic:

• I would like to move from participant to observer

0 voters

Poll for The Gene Team:

• I would like to move from participant to observer

0 voters

For me it says you have to be a member of Bioinformagic to vote in this

Hi Annie,

Thanks for the feedback. Let me clear that up in the post.

I have created a poll per team. So, that we can track the answers on a per team basis. You should have access to one of the polls.

Let me know if the rewording makes it clear.

Thanks,
Debaleena

Hi Debaleena,

@ChloeLi says that she is having issues with voting in the poll. She is part of Team 4, so now The Gene Team, but she says that she is getting an error message saying that she needs to be a part of The-Gene-Team to vote. She says that she can access all posts in the Gene Team category though.

Hi Isha,

Chloe should see the screen below. If that is not the case, let me know. Any poll that you don’t have access to has the banner on top explaining why you don’t have access.

Time to add some more explanation to the original post!

I have added a title for each poll. Hope that helps!

Now it works fine! Thanks!

Also please disregard my poll saying I’ll be available for only 5 weeks - that was a mistake!

You are very welcome!

Is there a difference between the Bioinformagics team vs the Gene team? (other than the division of numerical teams?)

Each team will have a different Project Lead and Programming Lead. Each team will also do analysis on a different data set so we can compare the results from each team at the end. Hope this helps!

Will we still be able to participate in another pathway for the second session? I am signed up to be a participant for the ML pathway, and I was wondering if I would still be able to do that for the second session along with being a participant in the BI pathway for 8 weeks.

Sure, no problem. Appreciate your letting us know.

Right now we don’t have a way for a person to change their poll. We will add it in the next phase.

Given the circumstances, we will allow it if you think you can manage. But remember this is an ongoing program and as participants or observers in this session, you get priority in future sessions.

I have another poll, for any participant who wishes to move to observer.

Hello,
I was having issues with the polls. I would like to move from an observer to a participant.
Thank you!

Hi I accidentally hit both polls by mistake, I had a conflict come up and I want to switch from a participant to an observer and I am also only available for 5 weeks

Hi! I am not sure if my vote is going through, but I would like to move from participant to observer.

Your inputs are recorded @kpaul, @burdenma.

I will wait a couple more days and then process.