Problem with installing Discourse

Hello all,

I am using Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

I am stuck at this part:
bundle exec rake autospec

Running the specs seems to produce a failure.

If anyone could provide assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Sion

Hey Sion,
I would like to know the commands you used, have you changed the directory before using this command as per the tutorial? Any screenshot with command will be helpful to answer.

Yes, I followed all the commands up to the step of running the specs.
Since I am on windows 10, I did:

sudo service postgresql start
redis-server --daemonize yes

before starting clone discourse

git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse.git ~/discourse

then I followed all the steps in the Ubuntu guide

sudo -u postgres createuser -s “$USER”

cd ~/discourse

source ~/.bashrc
bundle install

bundle exec rake db:create
bundle exec rake db:migrate
RAILS_ENV=test bundle exec rake db:create db:migrate

Thank you,
Sion

Hey @SkimMilk05, I will replicate the issue and let you know the updates on it.

Thank you so much. I will keep trying too in the meantime.

Hello, I tried again and these are the results

!
Capture16|587x500

There are more failures than last time that result from running the specs and I am not sure why. I feel like there is an underlying issue.

Thank you,
Sion

Hey @SkimMilk05, First of all, I highly appreciate your efforts by posting screenshots, it helped me to debug the issue. I looked into the issue, I found that the database was already created and that step isnt necessary. I would suggest you to first remove the discourse directly from system and re-execute from starting, it will work. If it doesn’t work then also, just tell me. Meanwhile I’m preparing a documentation and collecting feedback from entire full stack team who all are facing the issue while installation. Don’t worry, we are here to help you with a clear cut step by step documentation. I will upload the documentation by tomorrow. You can look at it. As of now, remove discourse folder and re-executre the steps, its a simple error only. Don’t worry, we can fix this.