Nitish_Suri - Full Stack Pathway

Name: Nitish Suri
Team: FS Team-1

Overview of Things Learned:

Technical Area: I learned a lot this past week about DISCOURSE platform like how to install it about the various plug-ins it has, I also learned about the RUBY Language and performed the tasks I was given.

Tools Used: RUBY, DISCOURSE

Soft Skills: I’ve learned how to communicate professionally with people around the world, how to approach people for help and manage different time zones.

Achievement Highlights

I’ve successfully executed the first few tasks on RUBY which is new language for me. I gained the knowledge of various plugins about the discourse platform and then learned about how to modify them according to our needs.

I’ve attended all the meetings except for the 1st meeting. [Wasn’t added to team at that time.]

Goals for the Upcoming Week

Try developing more codes on RUBY
Try gaining more knowledge about GIT and GITHUB
Try to modify the plug-ins

Tasks Done

I’ve developed different codes for classes and objects along with different types of methods and statements
I’ve learned about the plug-ins.

Name : Nitish Suri
Team : FS Team-1
Self Assessment-2

Overview of Things Learned :

Technical Area : I learned a lot this past week about DISCOURSE themes how to install it and play around with different functions of the themes. Developed few codes on RUBY

Tools Used : RUBY, DISCOURSE, GIT ,GITHUB, Ruby on Rails

Soft Skills : I’ve learned how to communicate professionally with people around the world, how to approach people for help and manage different time zones.

Achievement Highlights

I’ve successfully pushed a branch into GITHUB, along with that I was able to install a few themes on the DISCOURSE platform and was also able to perform different task on RUBY

I’ve attended all the meetings.

Try developing more codes on RUBY
Try modifying themes on DISCOURSE

Tasks Done

I’ve successfully pushed a new branch into GITHUB.
I’ve learned about the plug-ins.
I’ve cloned DISCOURSE themes and learnt more about them.

Name : Nitish Suri
Team : FS Team-1
Self Assessment-2

Overview of Things Learned :

Technical Area : I learned a lot this past week about DISCOURSE setup using Ruby on Rails server and Gems and learnt about how to make changes to themes

Tools Used : RUBY, DISCOURSE, GIT ,GITHUB, Ruby on Rails, Trello, Slack

Soft Skills : I’ve learned how to communicate professionally with people around the world, how to approach people for help and manage different time zones.

Achievement Highlights
I’ve started to learn more about the theme development for Discourse. Started working on theme development as well as modify the FakeBook theme

Modification of the FakeBook theme as per the points discussed

Tasks Done

I’ve successfully pushed a new branch into GITHUB.
I’ve learned about the pull requests in GitHub
I’ve learned about the development of themes and making changes in them.