Module 3, Part A

Topics:

• “How might we” statements
  • Ideation Techniques
  • Brainstorming
  • Evaluation Techniques (dot voting, impact-feasibility matrix, dart boarding)

Tasks:

• Watch our recorded presentation here and click here for the slides!

Extra Resources:

Assignments:

• Do the following:
    1. Create “How might we” statements using pain points noted on affinity maps
      and documented on personas.
    2. Brainstorm 3-5 solutions to “How might we statements”
    3. Cluster brainstorming post-its together by solution
  • Evaluate solutions using dot voting, impact-feasibility matrix and dart boarding.

Accomplishments:

• Come up with “How might we statements”
  • Be familiar with various ideation techniques
  • Brainstorm solutions for “How might we” statements
  • Evaluate brainstormed solutions

When we cluster the post-its, should we pool all the solutions from different how might-we statements?

Good question! The solutions should be clustered by “how might we” statements. Dot voting is then done for each “how might we” statement and its clusters. After you have narrowed down the solutions to just a few, you can group all of them together, regardless of “how might we” statement, and use the impact-feasibility matrix. I should note, though, that since everyone is working individually this winter session, you will have a lot fewer solutions than working as a group normally. Therefore, following the process I just mentioned above may not be right for you. Feel free to switch it up and pool together all the solutions if you only have very few. With UX Design, you don’t have to follow the same process for every project. Just do what you think works best for your own project. Let me know if you have any more questions! #mentor-chains-lead #mentoring #ux-research #ux-design

Thank you!