Application for the modular-internship program is now open. Acceptance is on a first-come first-served basis, with some spots reserved for partner schools and STEM-Away alumni.
Each project is architected as a collection of stand-alone modules (details at https://stemaway.com/c/vinternships/summer-2021-projects/158).
Interested in joining in observer mode (full access to internship meetings and training materials) and active participation limited to one module.
Virtual-Internship teams work on the project as a whole. And this summer we are allowing interested folks to actively participate in select modules. Even though you will be working on a specific module and associated skills, you will get to experience the bigger picture by seeing how each module fits into the full project.
Further, participants of the modular-internship program will also get the opportunity to showcase their work during our end of session Junior Talent Demo Days / Recruitment-Hackathon Days.
- Parent Project
- Description of work
- Prerequisites/ Learning Resources
- Starter code or other asset to keep the flow from the previous module
- Tools and Libraries
- Technical Skills
- Soft Skills
- Invited Experts
- A mentor-led kick-off meeting
- Optional formation of teams among modular-internship signups to develop collaboration skills
- Office Hours to help with issues related to module tasks/ deliverables
- Final presentation or other form of showcasing of significant achievements