Machine Learning teams getting ready to start!

This topic has been created to give you a birds eye view of all events related to Machine Learning.
Please refer to July 2020 Calendar for event details and any last minute changes.

Notes

• Self -assessment: Data Mining or NLP. Specifications will be uploaded to drive. Questions on Git, Asana
  • Deadline: 07/17
  • Get all the help you need from the office hours below.

Learning Resources

Office Hours

Title: Introduction to Git and Github (Code Collaboration) by Pavitra Walia
When: Tuesday, July 7 at 9:00 AM PDT
Details: We will be going over how Code Collaboration works using Git and GitHub. (prior installation of git is optional)

Title: Stem Away forum navigation and Project management tools by Pavitra walia
When: Saturday, July 11 at 9:00 AM PDT
Details: An overview of the forum and tools we will be using during the course of internship.

Title: Kickstarting Python with Jupyter notebooks by Pavitra walia
When: Tuesday, July 14 at 9:00 AM PDT
Details: Introduction to python and how to use Jupyter Notebook. It would be great if you get Jupyter notebook installed on your machines. (Installation docs for reference)

P.S. I recommend installation via pip for beginners so that you do not mess up with the environment path.

Title: Intro to Web Scraping and Discourse Forums by Pavitra walia
When: Saturday, July 18 at 9:00 AM PDT
Details: Skim through the article 1 on beautiful soup and selenium module mentioned below before joining.

Title: ML: A Walkthrough by Khanh
When: Tuesday, July 7 at 11:30 AM PDT
Details Make sure you watch the SA webinars about Machine-Learning and have an overview about NLP for text-classification

Title: Team collaboration by Khanh
When: Tuesday, July 14 at 11:30 AM PDT
Details Roles of members in a team and share experience with leads to conduct the ML project, contact points

Title: Introduction to ML by Akanksha Singh
When: Wednesday, July 8 at 9:00 AM PDT
Details: We will going through brief introduction of ML, various techniques and applications of ML.

Title: Intro to NLP and BERT by Akanksha Singh
When: Wednesday, July 15 at 9:00 AM PDT
Details: An overview of NLP, different techniques and libraries. Skim through this article before joining.

Title: Basic Programming in Python (Part 1) by Goral
When: Wednesday, July 15th at 2:00 pm PDT
Details: Please download Jupyter Notebook via Anaconda before you come to this session
1 Like

How to join office hours?

@priyanka.shah Go ahead and access July 2020 calendar using you mentorchains account. The calendar contains information about all the office hours being hosted.

I think you can join Google Meet only using your mentorchains email.

Where can I see July 2020 calender?

@priyanka.shah You can find the calendar on the home page.

I can see calender on mentorchain gmail account but there is no scheduled office hours.

@priyanka.shah please can you send me direct message.

Hey I am having issues accessing the calendar but would like to review these events. any ideas?

Make sure you’re using your Mentorchains account to access the Google Calendar. The shared link is in the announcement.

I missed “ML: A Walkthrough by Khanh” office hours on 7th July. Can I get the recording of it?

When and where will the self-assessment be released? Also, when will we receive our group assignments?

Yes, Check your mentorchains email and you can access the google calendar there too.

It shows all the webinars/OH/Any event scheduled.
You can go ahead and join in through the link there provided for all the meetings respectively.

Just visit july 2020 calender and navigate to the Office hours you need to see recording of. Just click on the title and you will get the recording under the drive option listed there.

1 Like

Can’t access self assessment form or google calendar

For accessing the calendar make sure you are using your mentorchains account. @Muskaan_Mendiratta can share what exactly is the issue you are facing while accessing self assessment

I don’t have access to my mentor chains account yet. I am a new team lead, and my training will start tomorrow, is that somewhere I can expect to get those details? Thanks!

Hi Muskaan, Check the posts in the ML Leads forum.

deadline for submitting the self assessment for ml is 17th July. But deadline time is not clear yet.
Can you please confirm till what time on 17th July we can submit the assignment.