Introductory training material for July 6th session (all pathways)

Mentorchains emails are required to access training material on the drive

All Pathways

Bioinformatics:

Self Assessment Form

I am releasing this self-assessment earlier than planned. It includes questions on R, Git and Asana.
You will still work on a pipeline next week (the 1st steps for the July project) but we are excluding the pipeline from your self-assessment.

Self -assessment:

• Implementation of a simple Bioinformatics pipeline using R libraries. Pipeline specifications will be uploaded to drive. Questions on Git, Asana.
  • Deadline: 07/17

Learning Resources:

Office Hours: Bioinformatics teams are getting ready to start!

Full Stack

Self Assessment Form

Self -assessment:

• Discourse installation, Questions on Git and Asana.
  • Deadline: 07/14

Learning Resources:

Full Stack teams are getting ready to start! Office Hours still open!

Machine Learning

Self-Assessment Form

Self -assessment:

• Data Mining or NLP. Specifications will be uploaded to drive. Questions on Git, Asana
  • Deadline: 07/17

Learning Resources:

Machine Learning teams getting ready to start! Office hours still ongoing!

UX

Self-Assessment Form

Self -assessment:

• Questions on conducting user research, UX tools & stages, questions from team presentations.
  • Deadline: 07/14

Learning Resources:

UX Research and Design Teams are getting ready to start!

Entrepreneurship

Self-Assessment Form

Self-assessment:

• New business idea, competitors, straw-man marketing plan
  • Deadline: 07/11

Learning Resources:

Entrepreneurship Teams are getting ready to start!

Vaping Detection & Mitigation

Self-Assessment Form

Self-assessment:

• Questions related to vaping devices and other details from introductory webinar.
  • Come up with a questionnaire to research how widespread vaping is in your local area (schools/neighborhood). Use the learning from the webinar on Conducting User Survey.
  • Deadline: 07/11

Vaping Detection and Mitigation Teams are getting ready to start!

2 Likes

Hello, When will all introductory material be uploaded ???

2 Likes

I’m interested in the ML pathway and under its self assessment it is mentioned that “specifications will be uploaded to drive.” Could I please know which drive link it is referring to as I haven’t received one yet?
Additionally, how is the self assessment supposed to be submitted, as in, will we receive a form link after week 1 or will it be provided to us via our mentor chains account?

All information will be provided. For now, get started on the learning resources provided. If you have already finished reviewing the learning resources, you may send me a DM and I will give you a separate self-assessment.

1 Like

I’m interested in ML pathway and I want to attend office hours. How can I attend? I cannot see any zoom link for office hours.

@priyanka.shah The office Hours are being conducted on google meet ,you can find them in the July 2020 calendar.

Hi, Ritwik here. I am interested in the UX pathway. Self assessment says “Questions on conducting user research. Brief summary of UX tools and team presentations”.
How do I attempt the self assessment and how will it be conducted?

1 Like

Hi @ritwik_kar, that’s great that you are interested in UX! Please attend the webinar tomorrow at 9am PDT (Google Meet Link is on the July 2020 Calendar ). You will learn more about the self-assessment here. Don’t worry if you cannot attend, a recording will be available. If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me directly, I am currently a UX Lead.

When will the self assessments be released so we can complete them or the mini projects for UX?

@Sarahrp thanks, and i’ll be attending the webinar :smiley:

I have done the training material for R and I was wondering how I could get started on the self assessment?

Thanks to @Vrinda_Jain for the Git question!!

1 Like

Hello! Are the deadlines for the self-assessments at 11:59 pm on the date listed or should the self-assessments be completed before the listed date? Thank you in advance!

Hi, You can submit it whenever you are ready!

Hey @Sh
Just confirm that you are using you mentor chains account to access the form.