Introductions Full-Stack - Team 2

Hi, team
@pg @TamNguyen @ac7378 @SkimMilk05 @matanmohamed212 @jade @aayodipe @Thiago_Sa @mrisby @Meghana

Let’s get to know each other with basic introductions. I’m really excited to work and collaborate with you all and learn one thing new from each of you.

Also, I would like us to have a team name rather than calling ourselves Full-Stack - Team 2! So please drop in your suggestions ( it can be a funky cool name or a serious one - as for me I would prefer something fun )

If there is something any of you guys want to discuss with me, drop me a message and we can chat or email me at Vrinda_Jain@mentorchains.com!

Please reply to the post with the following:
Name:
Time Zone:
Where you are from:
School & year / Job Title:
Experience with Full Stack:
What is one thing that you love most about STEM-Away:
One interesting fact about you:
Team Name Suggestion:
**Are you up for an informal chat sometime this week to get to know each other? **

Sorry wasn’t able to tag more than 10 in one post!
@Chris_Shen @Antonio_H @Jiapeng_Li

Hi, no problem Vrinda! Since im observing for this session(June) should I participate or would you like me to strictly monitor? Thanks. @Vrinda_Jain

Name: Vrinda Jain
Time Zone: IST :india:
Where you are from: Born and brought up in India :india:
School & year / Job Title: GGSIP Univ Final Year - Engineering / Working as Technical Intern
Experience with Full Stack: Worked on various live projects on my Internships.
What is one thing that you love most about STEM-Away: I love irony the fact it spans all over various timezones and so brings in so much diversity of like-minded people from STEM together :star_struck:
One interesting fact about you: My friends call me a Panda - because eating and sleeping are the love of my life. :stuck_out_tongue: :panda_face:
Team Name Suggestion: Bunch of Jokers

Hey @Antonio_H
Even if you are an observer, you are on the team. I would love for you to participate as much as you would want and can.

Name: Tam Nguyen
Time Zone: Mountain Time Zone (MTZ)
Where you are from: Born in Saigon, Vietnam🇻🇳. But I have been living in the States for years now
School & year / Job Title: University of Denver (DU) - Junior in Applied Computing
Experience with Full Stack: I built some fun projects and did an internship last year
What is one thing that you love most about STEM-Away: I love STEM-Away because it gives out chances for students like us to gain real-world experience.
One interesting fact about you: Liverpool FC fan
Team Name Suggestion: Middlewarers (Although it may sound silly, but we are team number 2 =>> in the middle of teams 1 and 3. Furthermore, if you do full-stack, I think we should have a terminology related to it for our name)
Are you up for an informal chat sometime this week to get to know each other? TOTALLY

Name: Chris Shen
Time Zone: Central Time
Where you are from: China
School & year / Job Title: UIUC Sophomore in CS&Math
Experience with Full Stack: None
What is one thing that you love most about STEM-Away: love the idea of offering opportunities online in this situation
One interesting fact about you: Hearthstone lover
Team Name Suggestion: The Prime Team (because 2 is the first prime number and prime also means great lol)
Are you up for an informal chat sometime this week to get to know each other? (Please Vote) Works for me although I’m an observer

Name: Adeyemi Ayodipe
Time Zone: Central Standard Time (CST)
Where you are from: I was born in Nigeria but Based in Kansas, US.
School & year / Job Title: I have a BSC in Accounting from Obafemi Awolowo University in Nigeria but I’m a Freelance Web Developer.
Experience with Full Stack: I have developed some site(https://ayodipeadeyemi.com) and application ranging from wordpress to coding from scratch. But I haven’t work in a team as a developer before, so I am happy for this.
I have knowledge of HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT AND MERN.
What is one thing that you love most about STEM-Away: The race and experience level diversity is great. I’m still trying to learn more about STEM-Away maybe I might become a mentor one day.
One interesting fact about you: I have only one friend. Its name is Google.com. It has been so helpful to me. No friend like Google.
Team Name Suggestion: Suggestion loading…
Are you up for an informal chat sometime this week to get to know each other? Sure! That work be fine.

Name: Anthony H.

Time Zone: New York UTC-04:00

Where you are from: Brooklyn, New York

School & year / Job Title: American Univ. Alum 2014 / Currently in a coding bootcamp (React)

Experience with Full Stack: JS es6 / Learning React

What is one thing that you love most about STEM-Away: I love the collaboration and the opportunity to problem solve and build things to contribute to a better good.

One interesting fact about you: I love science and nature

Team Name Suggestion: Team Tailwind

Are you up for an informal chat sometime this week to get to know each other? Lets go!

Name: Sion K.
Time Zone: EDT (USA)
Where you are from: Springfield, Virginia
School & year / Job Title: UVA Second-year in CS&BME
Experience with Full Stack: I attended a hackathon and helped make a simple project. I have knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Javascript.
What is one thing that you love most about STEM-Away: It’s cool that it’s international
One interesting fact about you: I am an aerialist. I practice on aerial silks
Team Name Suggestion: The Stackers
Are you up for an informal chat sometime this week to get to know each other? (Please Vote) YESss

Name: Priyanka G
Time Zone: PST
Where you are from: California
School & year / Job Title: UC Berkeley, Sophomore
Experience with Full Stack: Worked on some projects
What is one thing that you love most about STEM-Away: Really great opportunity for everyone to build something really cool with guidance in this trying time!
One interesting fact about you: I still have baby teeth!
Team Name Suggestion: The Discourse…Force…
Are you up for an informal chat sometime this week to get to know each other? (Please Vote) Yes!

Name: Yue Wu (Jade)
Time Zone: EDT
School & year / Job Title: New York University / Msc in Computer Engineering
Experience with Full Stack: Course project on Flask, JS and MySQL
What is one thing that you love most about STEM-Away: It will be a precious and educational experience to work in a great team with so many helps.
One interesting fact about you: Learning violin now
Team Name Suggestion: Overrides

Name:MiChelle Risby
Time Zone:CST
Where you are from:Dallas/Ft Worth, TX area
School & year / Job Title:Recent WGU graduate/Actively looking for work
Experience with Full Stack:Attended a Full-stack bootcamp 2 years ago
What is one thing that you love most about STEM-Away:First experience, excited!
One interesting fact about you:I have 2 children born on the same day who are not twins.
**Team Name Suggestion::woman_shrugging: **

Name: Aaron Chen
Time Zone: New York UTC-04:00
Where you are from: New York
School & year / Job Title: Rising Junior at NYU Tandon
Experience with Full Stack: Web Application with emphasis on front-end development
What is one thing that you love most about STEM-Away: It’ll be a great experience to work with many from different timezones and different backgrounds
One interesting fact about you: Love to eat sweets but currently learning to bake.

This is so exciting we have football lovers, violinists, aerialists, bakers, nature lovers work here together!

Name: Jiapeng Li
Time Zone: UTC-05:00
School & year / Job Title: University of Rochester / MS in Computer Science
Experience with Full Stack: Course Project on PHP and MySQL
What is one thing that you love most about STEM-Away: Great opportunity of online projects
One interesting fact about you: I love Game of Thrones.
Team Name Suggestion: 404NotFound

Was I meant to be tagged in this? @Vrinda_Jain

Yes @Jscott , you are now on Team 2. Welcome Aboard!

It would be great if the newly added participants can also introduce themselves.
@Jiapeng_Li has already done so.
I would love to hear back from @Ronny @amyfung @Chuks @Jscott and @Sai_Likhith_K to also introduce themselves.

Name: Jeremy Osborne
Time Zone: CST/Chigago
Where you are from: Wichita, Kansas
School & year / Job Title: University of Denver Sophomore
Experience with Full Stack: I know a little Javascript and html
What is one thing that you love most about STEM-Away: An opportunity to learn and grow technical skills while working in a team.
One interesting fact about you: I can navigate direction with the stars.
Team Name Suggestion: Hypertext Assassins