Learn UX research techniques and execute for a real-life platform.
This is a pilot project which will help evolve the Mentor Chains® platform. In addition to the display of technical and soft skills through the 1-click® Resume, participants can elect to be showcased on our social media pages.
Join the UX-1 Group to receive all project announcements, including the call for student leads and other student participants.
- Collect quantitative & qualitative data from surveys.
Brainstorm as a team to come up with effective survey questions. Design a model for collecting user feedback. The model should include a mix of interviews and strategic placements of the questionnaire. Collect the survey data.
Provide STEM-Away® UX improvement recommendations with a focus on user awareness of STEM-Away® tools
Use the "User Story -> Real Problems -> Solutions -> How Might We " method illustrated in this excellent Medium Article to develop wrireframes to demonstrate the UX recommendations. Tools: UIPRINT, Figma, Maze (subject to change)
- Thematic & Sentiment Analysis of survey data.
Develop recommendations for future project teams based on thematic analysis of the survey data. Define strategies for STEM-Away® UX Research. Learn more about Thematic Analysis.
Design a sentiment analysis framework/tool. Results from the tool will be incorporated as a KPI (Key Performance Indicator) for the platform. Lexicon Based versus Machine Learning.
- UX Research & Principles
- UX Design Tools
- Data analysis
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Leadership & Mentoring (project & task leads)
- Prior experience with UX Research & Principles required for project leads.
- Attendance of a platform orientation session. Sessions will be available on a regular basis at STEMCasts®.
- Activity on the STEM-Away® forums can be used to display familiarity with the platform if you cannot attend an orientation session.