Module 1 - Getting Started
1) Overview of What I Learned
- Technical Area:
- Learned about Discourse such as the the similarities and differences between Stack Overflow. Also, learned about the structure of the Discourse stack.
- Learned about Open Source projects. Specifically, learned how to contribute to open source projects and write helpful mark down files.
- Reviewed Ruby syntax
- GitHub - very useful to create any project because of version control and collaboration.
- Discourse, an online open-source and forum based software
- Soft Skills
- Leadership: Team communication was a bit slow initially. I went ahead and created a shared google folder to be a one-stop-shop for our team to find information like meeting links, meeting minute notes, and other resources.
2) Three Achievement Highlights
- Learned more about GitHub and how it can be used, especially for Open Source projects.
- Although I have previous experience with Ruby, I reviewed Ruby syntax to become more proficient.
- Coordinated team meetings and information better.
- Some team members not fully active and hard to get quick responses since team members are from all time zones.
4) Upcoming Goals
- Will complete Module 2 and complete the Self assessment.
- Will further meet with team, host office hours, and be a responsible technical lead.