1. Overview of Things Learned
- General understanding of Discourse themes and components
- Refresher with HTML and CSS syntax
- Picked up some useful Git commands that helps to revert/undo beginner mistakes such as pushing to wrong branch, committing in the wrong branch, etc.
- Introductory understanding of submodules in GitHub
- Brief overview of Trello and how it would benefit future collaborations.
- UNIX terminal
- Git, GitHub
- Improved speed in reading technical documentation
- Recognize the importance of grit and perseverance.
- Successful installation and preview of Stem-Away’s remote theme on Discourse website.
- Successfully previewed remote theme on local machine via localhost.
- Successfully modified and pushed submodule repo to GitHub.
3. Tasks Completed and Challenges
- Finished going through documentation about Discourse theme, and Discourse Theme Development.
- Had a hard time understanding how submodules worked, but my current understanding is that its just a link embedded into the current repo that points to another repo elsewhere.
- Shaky understanding of Discourse led to buggy set up and configuration on local host (e.g. Unaware that w/out admin account set up in localhost, we cannot run discourse page)