- Installed discourse using the Windows installation Had a few difficulties with the Discourse dependencies shell command, but eventually installed all packages correctly. Cloning database and discourse went smoothly.
- Created script to start the needed servers and database for the discourse plugin.
- Watched tutorial on Ruby to get familiar with basic syntax
- WSL Ubuntu shell
- Google/Internet Forums
- Patience and persistence Important because when installing and setting up all the different parts, a lot can go wrong and you need to figure it out by googling. Trail and error can be draining but once you figure out the problem it is a tremendous relief.
- Installed Discourse
- Completed Ruby Tutorial
- Becoming more confident using the terminal
- Listened to Jeff Atwood interview to familiarize myself with Discourse
- Installed discourse locally following the tutorials provided.
- Already had a Github account set up but reviewed Github features
- Completed Ruby tutorial to learn the syntax