- Technical area:
- How to install Discourse
- Set up Windows Subsystem for Linux through Ubuntu terminal and Windows PowerShell
- Fundamental syntax and OOP concepts in Ruby
- STEM-AWAY Forum
- Soft skills:
- Patience to read and follow the guide for installation of Discourse.
- Troubleshooting and debugging skills during the process of installation.
- Self-learning a new programming language.
2. Achievement Highlights
- Successfully installed the Discourse.
- Well understood fundamental syntax in Ruby.
- Confirmed a GitHub account in hand.
3. Tasks Completed
- Fortunately, I didn’t encounter big difficulties when installing Discourse even though it was a long process and indeed needed lots of patience to read and follow the instructions. I pushed myself to complete this task on my own since I think self-learning ability is critical.
- I got the concepts of syntax in Ruby quickly since I’m familiar with c++ and just learned Python in the past few days. The syntax in Ruby is quite similar to Python, so I learned it very well.
- I already have a GitHub account and learned some commands to work through it, so I didn’t have any trouble in this step. I am looking forward to learning more about its commands in the following modules.